Mod Request. Automated Seeding Bot for all of ns2

NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
These quotes are why I think this would be good idea.
2cough wrote: »
The amount of pubs I can join on any given night has been more and more slim since the bootcamp patch. I tend to play late, but still... 2 na serv options at 1am is tough, esp if one is full and the other is double red down. It gets to the point where I refresh my browser so much waiting for a slot that my browser stops updating and I have to restart ns2.

Blrg wrote: »
What seems to me is that you guys don't even try to populate an empty server. With so many people waiting for an empty slot, servers fill pretty fast.

I do populate empty servers. Some weeks I do it every day in the most terrible time schedules. It takes me less than 10 minutes to get some players. Enough for me to get some practice in pregame and have fun.

My mod idea attempts to help this issue by trying to populate empty servers.

This is how I imagine it working.
  1. A person opens their client.
  2. They enable the mod (seeding bot mod)
  3. The person then joins a server of their choice.
  4. Once on a server, the bot takes over and uses the console "spectate" command to put them into spectate.
  5. The bot will sit there until the server reaches >=11 players.
  6. Once that many players are on the server, the but will use a modified PlayNow functionality to join another empty server that is under 100 ping.
  7. Return to #4