You know you are terrible at NS2 when..

124»

Comments

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    @Soul_Rider : So I assume you're sensitive about this number ? I gladly give you 750 pt if you want. Make it 1K.

Lately I got 10 to 12 servers in the list which have players. 4 of them are too far (ping >120), 4 are full, 4 are 18+ slot (blenders)... Even if i get in some acceptable server, I get stacked with 4 rookies after a "shit-ffle"... demoralizing. My server seems not to update unless I open a support ticket each time there is an update... Basically one week to solve the issue and one week before the next update... seeding is just... forget about it.

All this because of a penis size issue for some and an ego issue for others.

CDT should stop focusing on useless material and make improvement on game interface like shortcuts, anti programmable mouse stuff, learning curve, cleaning up the map (many bugs) and so on.

As @MoFo, I'm genuinely tired of seeing the same B.S. every single time I connect to a server.

Sadly, and to my despair; I really think it cannot be saved and won't be saved.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @UncleCrunch - You couldn't be more wrong, instead of making baseless assumptions and accusations, why don't you read this post of mine from another thread..
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I have never complained about this, as I said, nothing will make me leave this game. However the people who I am talking about, the LOW-SKILLED players, will not be people like me with hundreds of hours in the game, but the people migrating out of rookie status.

My point is rookie only servers are only delaying the time before the pounding is received by these players.

I have said multiple times, look at the low-skill player churn rather than rookie churn to see if the rookies are now leaving after being beaten up once out of rookie, rather than just monitoring rookie only churn.

All my arguments are being made from the point of a NEWLY PROMOTED low skill player. It just so happens, I am an experienced player, who has a similar skill so can demonstrate what they will experience.

So for the last time understand - I am not arguing this point for vets like me, but the newly promoted low skill players. Now can you see why your answers are completely nothing to do with what I am saying.

I don't give a shit, about losing in NS2, but those newly promoted rookies surely will.

Interchanged losing with hive skill value etc. I don't give a crap, i'll play with anybody. Heck, I even filled in for Arc in a training match with their mortal rivals, I guess they wanted to see how they could play with a major handicap.

I got owned all round, I don't care about that, I play NS2 because I like the game and community, not to win or lose.

My posts are about this community we are trying to build and retain who do care. If they don't care, why do we even have a ranking system?
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    @Soul_Rider : You weren't the target actually.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    If your host sucks that bad.. get another host?
    G-portal is supposed to be ok
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    You know you are terrible at ns2 when you get (how to play the game) videos since last update...
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    The average hive skill is 882, and the median hive skill is 983. Calego, your hive skill is ~1850 so it is not surprising that all the servers are double down arrow. Wonitor has shown us that even the supposedly high skilled servers have an average value of 1500-1600.

When hive server arrows first came online, I thought it was fucked too. Then I realized my definition. Of equal skill is different than a strict average.

One other player that I go 50 50 is equal skill imo.