[Bug] Indestructible Thermoblade (All Knives) [27764]

BoltWardenBoltWarden Canada Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211402Members
edited January 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
MINE IS THE BLADE THAT SHALL CLEAVE THE OCEANS!!

Silliness aside, this overly convenient Bug is easily reproducable.

Create any knife, use it until its durability reaches zero(it is destroyed/removed from your characters/hand+inventory), next save your game, then exit the game.

Upon restarting the game and loading into this save, there should be a version of your previously depleted knife showing in your inventory with 0% Durability. This knife can be quick slotted and used with full functionality, indefinitely.

This is especially 'convenient' with the Thermoblade as it nearly trivializes staying well fed; thirst as well if the concept of wasting the food portion of multiple cooked fish doesn't bother you on a core level (I may be utilizing this bug somewhat extensively but I seem to instinctively draw the line here xP)

Screenshot of Inventory Showing a 0% Durability Thermoblade

Comments

• JaggSauceJaggSauce Denmark Join Date: 2016-01-30 Member: 212349Members
    knew about the bug..
    avoiding it intentionally because exploits and cheats become very boring, very quick.
  • BoltWardenBoltWarden Canada Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211402Members
    Good eye! Did you report it when you knew about it?
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2016
    BoltWarden wrote: »
    MINE IS THE BLADE THAT SHALL CLEAVE THE OCEANS!!

Silliness aside, this overly convenient Bug is easily reproducable.

Create any knife, use it until its durability reaches zero(it is destroyed/removed from your characters/hand+inventory), next save your game, then exit the game.

Upon restarting the game and loading into this save, there should be a version of your previously depleted knife showing in your inventory with 0% Durability. This knife can be quick slotted and used with full functionality, indefinitely.

This is especially 'convenient' with the Thermoblade as it nearly trivializes staying well fed; thirst as well if the concept of wasting the food portion of multiple cooked fish doesn't bother you on a core level (I may be utilizing this bug somewhat extensively but I seem to instinctively draw the line here xP)

Screenshot of Inventory Showing a 0% Durability Thermoblade

Nice find. Thanks for this.. Will get this in reported in the tracker!