Poor Graphics & Subnautica (it's about problems)

subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
Dear Everyone,

I have already posted this as a comment on another discussion. However, I felt the need to create a new discussion about it. Fault me if you like.
Without further ado, the post:

(Ahem)
So far, Subnautica has presented itself as a relatively high-graphics game, or at least the game's requirements make it seem so. It is also clearly stated that there are no current plans for subnautica's graphics requirements to diminish. This is what worries me.

I have been barely scraping by, graphics-wise, with subnautica for a while now. I do get a warning when I log into the game, but I manage to play it with minimal lag. However, with the newest graphics update, I have struggled to even open the game. I find this troubling, because it means that I (and most of my friends with laptops) will now not be able to play the game. I thought at first that we were a small group of gamers with this problem, and maybe we are, but since this forum exists there are obviously other people out there with this issue.

I think that UWE could potentially risk alienating some players with higher and higher graphics requirements. I happen to think that subnautica is an amazing game, and I think as many people as possible should be able to play it. If people are having trouble playing subnautica, then I think something should be done to fix that problem. I think that either offering ways to reverse updates, or adding some kind of "low graphics" option would be a great way to allow people to have fun subnautica without worrying about graphics.

P.S. I also get that some of the appeal of subnautica is the outstanding graphics, but I think that that isn't all there is to the game. For people who want to have play subnautica because of the other aspects of the game, not having to worry about graphics requirements would be a nice solution.

Thanks for reading this post by the way, it's pretty long. Sorry about that.

Comments