NS2+ Stats Export

MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate placesValencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
edited January 2016 in Modding
Because I don't want to hijack the other thread about Wonitor, I'm making a separate thread for this.

You can check the current format of the exported NS2+ stats here.

Since I started exporting the stats I gather I've been making adjustments and additions, so I will be using this thread to communicate any changes done.

As you may know, the stats that I'm exporting are the same the clients get with some extra data. But this can get messy very fast because everything was meant for display to clients, so there's duplicate data and formats that may not suit proper analysis afterwards.

Right now my intention is to stop exporting the following tables:
  • RTGraph - Will be able to infer this through a new table that contains finished buildings and another one with buildings destroyed, or perhaps a table that contains both.
  • TeamStats - Unnecessary, as this is just a summary of the ClientStats.
  • ResearchTree - This table right now contains a mix of buildings and research, instead I will be doing this separately, with a table with all researches (right now it's filtered) and another one with buildings.
  • BuildingSummary - Won't be necessary when the new table with buildings is available.

I will also rename some fields which may be confusing.

That means, any work with the following tables will be still useful:
  1. Locations
  2. ServerInfo
  3. RoundInfo
  4. ClientStats
  5. CommStats: I will change this table name to MarineCommStats and I will change the picks/hits fields as the terminology is confusing, no changes otherwise.
  6. KillGraph

If you need anything else or have any doubts, let me know.

Edit: The changes are live, you can check the format in the Readme at Github (linked above).

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Just pushed the changes. Pls like & subscribe.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited January 2016
    Moved roundDate from ServerInfo to RoundInfo, it makes more sense there. Thanks @Brute

Edit: Some more changes

Renamed and removed some fields for consistency:
    - Renamed pdmg and sdmg fields to playerDamage and structureDamage.
    - Removed "last" table from player stats which was only meant for internal use.
    - Renamed KillGraph to KillFeed.
    - Renamed ClientStats to PlayerStats.
    - Renamed "weapon" field to "killerWeapon" and "teamNumber" to "killerTeamNumber" in the KillFeed table.
    - Changed "gameMinute" field in KillFeed table to "gameTime", which now returns the time in seconds.
    - Renamed "roundTime" field in RoundInfo table to "roundLength".
    - Fixed kills not showing the killer weapon in the KillFeed table if the player had left the server.
    I will publish an update as soon as Build 282 goes out, and it will contain this change:
    - Changed rookieFriendly to rookieOnly for the exported stats as the rookieFriendly tag is now deprecated in Build 282.
    - Added doerLocation and doerPosition to certain kills in the KillFeed table for exported stats to support proper positions for turrets, whips, hydras, etc.