Trying to get some magnetite from the mountains biome, but the Reaper won't leave me alone

SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
According to the wiki, the Reaper Leviathan should only be spawning in the shallows around the mountain island, and only one for that matter, but I've dived in 5 different spots now in the mountain biome and there is always one waiting for me as deep as 350m. Is the wiki out of date for the Reaper? Is he following me? Are they really that common?

PS: I guess I should point out that I'm on the experimental build.

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    There's a cave on the island itself that contains an underground lake. You can access the underwater caves from there, that way you can get your magnetite and the reaper won't be able to bother you.
  • VexareVexare Austin,TX Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210942Members
    Not sure why you're having so much problem with ol' butt-chin but he left me alone when I went there. I heard him making all that awful noise and saw him once, but he never came to the surface at all around the island. I found 6 or so magnetite in the shallows stuck to the 'sides' of the island... within waist-deep walking distance of the beach. I found out later I could have gotten it from the cave inside safely like TenebrousNova mentioned so that's an alternative since your Reaper seems to really take exception to you being there!
  • WylieKWylieK Dallas, TX, USA Join Date: 2015-09-13 Member: 207927Members
    If you equip you Seamoth with the Perimeter Defense Module and a few extra Powercells on you, you can Zap the Reaper with a full charge and he'll run [swim] away. After the second time, the reaper will leave you alone.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    You can just go down to the deep grand reef below it too, though it's a bit far off and shockers spawn there too.
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    I'll give the island cave a try then. I stuck my face a few feet down into the water there, but scurried back to the surface because it sounded like the Reaper was actually INSIDE the cave and the last thing I wanted to do was run face first into him in an enclosed environment... :p