Some questions about feedback

SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
Namely, what is the best way to go about it? Is it better to be more verbose and place it here on the forums, or is it better to stick with the 190 character limit and use the in-game system? Also, I know there is an ideas / suggestions sub-forum, but are these ever taken into account by the devs or are they really only interested in bug reports and general feedback?

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited January 2016
    theres a feedback system integrated into the game for a reason with a poss to attach a screenshot im guessing they look at those regularly. while they peep in the forums once in awhile to look at posts im sure its monitored much less often. of course, thats just my impression. if a dev came here and told you tho, youd know for sure which is best
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    I guess I'll have to get better at compressing my thoughts into 190 characters until I hear otherwise.
  • SporkWitchSporkWitch Rochester, NY, USA Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211254Members
    I left a feedback calling to expand the character limit, specifically because it's almost impossible to explain yourself properly in 190 characters lol
    SporkWitch wrote: »
    I left a feedback calling to expand the character limit, specifically because it's almost impossible to explain yourself properly in 190 characters lol

lol, that's not a bad idea
  • Raisonbran648Raisonbran648 Join Date: 2011-05-19 Member: 99575Members
    You should try to focus on one specific topic at a time. The character limit is probably so they have time to read the feedback instead of walls of text.
    You should try to focus on one specific topic at a time. The character limit is probably so they have time to read the feedback instead of walls of text.

I can understand that, but some topics just can't be condensed into 190 chars. What I've been doing is keeping in-game responses to easily described bugs and then addressing more complex topics on the forums. The one thing I haven't done yet is participate in the Trello pages, but I'm still not sure if those are limited to designated playtesters or if anyone can participate.