[Resolved] Ambient light issues: Suddenly becoming very bright or shutting off entirely

SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
edited January 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
As I've been exploring the environment for the last few hours (only just got the game last night), I've noticed that the ambient light can sometimes become extremely bright or conversely shut off almost entirely. I thought at first that this was related to the time of day or the frequent eclipses, but it seems to be location specific in that moving into a specific location causes the effect, but then moving beyond it in any direction corrects it. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong to cause this?

Comments

• LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Yes. We know about this, hopefully it is fixed with these checkins.. Check after changeset 26879 for the fix.

26879 2016-01-11 23:20:05 Max McGuire Disabled fading in of lights in the AtmosphereDirector (will be completely removed in the future) to fix areas that were becoming unexpectedly bright this might fix it here
    26878 2016-01-11 23:17:20 Max McGuire Disabling fading in of lights in the AtmosphereDirector (will be completely removed in the future)
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members
    Just checked and it is indeed apparently fixed.