Render Distance and Fog

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
I don't know for sure if it's just my PC that's too weak or if it's a common thing, but my game regularly lags everytime i enter a new biome or place where a lot of things come into my field of view.
On top of that i'm not too sure if it's realistic to be able to see for days an untouched, natural ocean ... shouldn't the water be kinda hazy?

What i'd like to see is an option to manually adjust render distance through a fog, so the game doesn't have to buffer that much and i don't have to look at half rendered rocks kilometers away.

I guess that's how it works, right?

Comments

• LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    The lagging is most likely the chunks loading in, this is hopefully going to be addressed before final release. The hazy water is (I think) going to happen with the new graphics, which should drop pretty soon
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    I fyou mean ho2 of the current experimental version, i already have it and the water is still not that hazy
  • TheRelicOfOwlsTheRelicOfOwls Texas Join Date: 2016-01-06 Member: 211014Members
    I fyou mean ho2 of the current experimental version, i already have it and the water is still not that hazy

seems pretty darn hazy on my end. Maybe something isn't rendering properly for you? I can't imagine that's very likely but it's a possibility.