My own opinion about: Dive Suits/Rechargeable PowerCells/Upgrades and other stuff

PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
Hi everyone!

Just bought the game 2 days ago, and i can't stop playing it. The concept is amazing and literally out of this world! eh.

After dying a few times, restarted the game a few times as well. I think i do understand on how the game can be expanded. I am enjoying the survival mechanic of the game it keeps me really active and moving, exploring a bit of my spawnpoint and a little bit far off.

The upgrades and blueprints really makes me push forward into the depths. The map maybe small, but the diversity of biomes and the wild-sea-life makes it up just fine.

My final playthrough i went to the aurora, fixed up everything, and when i finished i felt i bit sad, for not being more explorable. To have more compartiments or even loot. But maybe in a later update it can be.

The major thing that upset me during my playthroughs was the loot not being respawnable. It is abundant in the beginning, you can easily make and build lots of things. But in a Midgame afterwards it gets difficult, in endgame the "cheatsyddodles" is essential to keep moving forward, and i don't really like that =/.

Another topic is the Dive suits. The start dive suits are pretty generic, the rad suit is only useful for only the aurora biome. The Still suit is for me the most usefull one (since it gives regularly claimed water). I still have to try out the reinforced dive suit.
- This is my opinion and i hope we can get a more variety of dive suits in later updates. But instead of having generic dive suits, we could have specific and usefull dive suits to help us to go to other biomes, and this is me thinking out loud, maybe we could get a radioactive biome? I know it sounds dangerous for the unprepared, but seriously the first objective in game(and part of the story) that you must do is to contain the leaks of radiation in the aurora. So by the time we would be able to go to this Radioactive biome we already had the radiation suit in a locker, ready to go.

The Rechargeable Power cells in the life Pod.
- Yap those rechargeable power cells sound really useful to add to, at least, the Cyclops. The cyclops is awesome but the fact that it runs on 6 Power cells, i know that it is possible to add Solar panels. But at great depths there is no sun light. So my thoughts were to be able to take out those 3 unique power cells and be able to add it to the sub or into your under-the-sea base. You would only be able to get 75 energy, but that would be enough for the basic needs. Since there is the Water filtrator that will use energy over time when in use, even this 75 energy wouldn't be able to keep up the high usage of power by this energy-drain terminal, and if there will be any other "future" energy-drain terminals to build, that would be when you would need to build the other reactors in order to keep up with the energy usage.

Upgrades.
- Short Story here. Dive suits upgrades, like increasing defenses, be able to swim deeper (if there will be any update that will make the character unable to go past a certain depth) or unique upgrades. My own favorite idea is using the flora or fauna to make you camouflage and be invisible to certain predators, or to help with the hunt for food.
- Glove upgrades. generic stuff increasing swim speed or movement speed yarayra you get the picture.
- Helmet upgrades.

+ What i do hope above all else is to see the loot to be respawnable. Most of my playthroughs ended because of that either i couldn't find any material (specifically the quartz) and rarely it proved to be really difficulty to get food, since i basically hunted down alot of the wildlife near my lifepod.
+ Not complaining, but i hope that at least the basic loot like wildlife, food and water turns to be respawnable it would be a huge help to make people stockpile or moving forward, exploring without having constrains to the original spawnpoint (Where there is more loot (food and water)).

This is another game that i will be playing it for a good ammount of time, it is really awesome and entertaining. Keep Exploring!

Comments

• nittelsnittels Austria Join Date: 2015-12-27 Member: 210441Members
    You mentioned some good point and many of them are already on the todo list afaik.

- Rechargeable Power cells: I agree they should be rechargable so no more need for solar panel spamming on vehicles anymore
    - For dive suits: Not sure but I think there will be areas with other conditions (ice/cold water) where you need other suits (thermal suit).
    - Divesuit Upgrade: Different gloves are coming so you can swimm faster. Maybe more to come.
    - Energy: There is a whole thread in this forum about power/energy handling, should be interesting for you.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    Quartz is actually quite plentiful , scour the safe shallows and floating islands (in the north , also beware the bone sharks) biomes. The one relatively rare resource is silver , but enough can be found in the kelp forest for a few seamoths and all their upgrades. Other resources like gold / lithium / diamonds are ridiculously plentiful if you know where to look , as for titanium there's probably enough to cover half the map in seabases.
  • PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
    Stakhanov wrote: »
    Quartz is actually quite plentiful , scour the safe shallows and floating islands (in the north , also beware the bone sharks) biomes. The one relatively rare resource is silver , but enough can be found in the kelp forest for a few seamoths and all their upgrades. Other resources like gold / lithium / diamonds are ridiculously plentiful if you know where to look , as for titanium there's probably enough to cover half the map in seabases.

After playing it in creative mode and messing around... I take my hat for you, its true, quartz is very abundant.
    In Blood kelp Biome, its the best place to get them my strategy is literally to go there early in game just to get the reinforced dive suit and hoard all the quartz that i can get in Cyclops.
    But i will still say that quartz needs to be nerfed in the recipes:
    - Glass: 2 quartz
    - Silicone Rubber 2 Quartz
    + The final recipe to get the final item...

In my opinion its ridiculous the ammount of quartz needed to make even the simplest item. But if they could add an aquatic plant that could give at the very least the basic Silicone to make Silicone Rubber it would be better in my opinion. No need to swim from safe shallow to safe shallow to get all the quartz for 1 thing.
    But i am optimistic i think they will changed it a little bit to be more friendly.