More robots from the lab. With heavy marines.

ArmymongerArmymonger The spacebearing Country of America Join Date: 2014-04-04 Member: 195135Members
Robots are cool. Robots are fun.
There should be a robot for everyone!
...as if. That would be ridiculous for an alien.

Still, even though the idea of adding new equipment is slightly taboo, I felt like exploring some ideas for someone to ridicule me about how useless they are.

And so my first idea is adding a pair of robots for the robo factory to churn out for the commanders use:

- Sensor drone.
Building an upfront Observatory is cool, but this hovering drone follows the front lines at the commanders will and provides marines with constant radar information in a short radius wherever it is stationed for more than 5 seconds.
Really fragile. Dies in one hit.

- Shield Drone.
Personal Shielding is great, but this drone establishes an dome of energized nanomachines to ensure that Lerk spikes, Gorge bile bombs, parasitic spikes, and hydras can't bother marines inside or behind its shield. It will instead take damage itself requiring constant maintenance in situations under constant fire.
Also doesn't stop advancing aliens and is instantly crushed under an onoses foot like an exo on an egg.

The second idea is heavy marines. Or Equipment sold from the advanced armory that turns regular marines into heavy marines.
The idea comes from Rainbow 6 siege with Soldiers sporting riot shields.

The concept is these soldiers are only allowed to use a pistol and grenades while sporting a shield that shrugs off ranged attacks from aliens,stopping bile bombs and lerk needles of the likes. They would also effectively block lower evolution aliens from passing through whenever their shield is deployed and can push them back with a small pulse. Essentially acting as human shields for a squishier marine buddy.

They however, can't block an onos or a blinking fade to prevent the idea of turtling.
Their backs are exposed and can still be gassed.They are also limited to a max of 30 personal shielding even with upgrades.

That's my pair of ideas.
What's your take on it?