Catch stunned / in stasis biterfishes and bleeders

StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
edited December 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
It seems odd that there's no option to catch the biterfishes or bleeders , small as they are. Of course , being able to grab them as they come to you would nullify their threat , hence they'd need to be stunned by the seamoth defense or shot with the stasis rifle. Then you could cook them or put them into an aquarium.

Comments

• nittelsnittels Austria Join Date: 2015-12-27 Member: 210441Members
    I partial agree with you. It should be possible to collect them and would make a good balance. Easy fishing (non aggressive fish), normal food value. Hard fishing/hunting (hostile fishes), good food value.

The problem I see: It would be possible to put them into the big aquarium where they can breed and this would be too easy if they also have a good food value. This make hunting obsolete.

For the sake of balance there are 2 ways to solve this:

1) Collect them but only dead (killing them with a knife or harpoon). Then it is not possible to breed them and you ever need to hunt them to get the benefits.
    2) If you put such an aggressive fish into the fish bowl (alive) he will eat the others (even each other until there is only one left). Or prevent them from breeding anyways.

Both ways would work and hunting would still be necessary.
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    nittels wrote: »
    If you put such an aggressive fish into the fish bowl (alive) he will eat the others (even each other until there is only one left).

I like that idea , cannibalism under stressful conditions for those fishes.