How to activate the seamoth area defense ?

StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
I must be missing something critical - I bound keys for "fire1" and "fire2" from the game start , but I found no working control to activate the seamoth's area defense electrical field. Leftclick does nothing , rightclick leaves the sub. It's not automatic either , stalkers would bump my seamoth without triggering it. The upgrade icon is greyed , and I suppose it goes green when activated , but how ?

Comments

• LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Have you bought the upgrade? If so, you first need to activate it by pressing the key it is bound to (the 1,2, 3 or 4 key). Then just press to fire, or hold to charge the shot
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    LordDerp wrote: »
    Have you bought the upgrade? If so, you first need to activate it by pressing the key it is bound to (the 1,2, 3 or 4 key). Then just press to fire, or hold to charge the shot

Yes this is important as ive seen several lets play from peoples that didnt knew you can ''charge'' the electric field to decuplate the effect. if you click and hold the fire button the field charges up and you can choose to release the blast anytime you want up until the maximum charge state when the seamoth releases a very powerful electric field that can potentially harm seriously and even kill any weaker fishes outright.

Be aware tho, that releasing such highly charged fields drains the powercell by ALOT (a fully charged field may drain up to 15% or 20% of the cell in one go if i recall) whereas a weak discharge will drain only 1 or 2% of the powercell.