Automatic PDA and more - Stop it, Game!

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
The title might be a little cryptic, but i can explain fairly easy.

There is times when the game shouldn't try to think ahead for you and it does and there is times when the game could support you with some convinience and it just doesn't.

- When you finish building a Module with an inventory (locker, fragment analyzer, planting pots/boxes/shelves etc.), the character immediately pulls out the PDA and opens up the inventory of said module. I'd say in 90% of these cases i don't want to put something in the module at least not this instant. It almost always kills my flow.

- The only time i wish the game would open up the PDA for me is when i place a beacon ... they always drift a bit and turn until they face away from me. It'd be sooo nice to just place AND name them at the same time.

- Another example is picking up an item which type currently isn't in your inventory. If you have a free slot in your toolbar and it is an item you can hold (mostly fish in my case) the character immediately switches to that fish... i mean item.

- If you craft an item at the fabricator, the game closes the fabricator menu until the item is done, then it opens it back up. Goddamn, if i want to craft more than one i hold SHIFT.

- If you leave a seamoth active modules become inactive (torpedos, sonar, perimeter defense thingy). If you reenter you have to reactivate them again. Why can't it store this as memory?
(I haven't used torpedos lately but if the siri voice still tells you, that the weapon system are switched on every single time, enjoy your ride...)

- If you leave a seamoth you look in the direction you faced when you entered it, not the direction your seamoth is facing. Very irritating... especially since lately the nights are dark and full of terror...

I know, "boohoo", right? I admit these are not gamebreaking malfunctions, but it's not good game design either. The game simply doesn't need stuff like that!
I mean this is a machine, why can't it be smart where i am not and stop being smart where it simply isn't needed to?

What's your opinion? This drives me mad af!

Comments

• hlicathlicat Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162413Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I found earlier wif the building side, at least, it only happens if hold left mouse too long after say, building a wall locker. Only then did it open it after for me. Could build it without opening the locker afterwards.