How could we make concede less anticlimactic? Then a discussion on end game mechanics.

1235»

Comments

• develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Hellno, I'll never surrender. Concede is okay.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited March 2016
    devel wrote: »
    Hellno, I'll never surrender. Concede is okay.

While that is funny and all, rookies in ns2 quickly learn that "NEVER SURRENDER" sounds cool only until you've had to sit through a 30min marine turtle.

edit: or they don't
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    ZdrytchX wrote: »
    I was referred here from reddit.
    Here's what admit defeat from vanilla Tremulous looks like (tbere are better ones out there though this is sufficient for a suggestion):

NS2 requires command structures to be destroyed to lose. So perhaps when a concede happens, have everyone poisoned like in that video, and have the hive's eggs or infantry portals destroyed, and the commander booted out of the command unit. When all players die the game ends. A little more dramatic eh?

I can picture something like this working for ns2, in hilarious ways. Specifically for a Marine concede-
    "We've recieved intel from HQ, this mission's a lost cause. They're cutting off nanite life support"
    *marines no longer able to drop meds and structures, IPs cease to function*
    *Marines start taking constant damage, enough that they can still sustain from an armory if they're constantly facing it but no more*
    *power nodes take constant damage, enough to kill them after 30 seconds*
    "Systems have been breached commander!"
    *comm chair emits infestation like an alien hive*
    I picture a team of marines in base huddling around an armory desperately trying to fend off aliens, but the DOT makes death a certain inevitability. Power goes out, infestation where there should not be infestation. Could be cool.

For aliens, I'd just like to see something fun like "THEY MAY HAVE WON THIS BATTLE BUT WE WILL BE BACK STRONGER THAN BEFORE"
    *After 20 seconds all aliens auto-xenocide*