Server Maintenance Manual

DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
As linked in the Discord. The first wiki version of the NS2 Server Maintenance Manual.

http://wiki.unknownworlds.com/ns2/Server_Maintenance_Manual

Please keep any debates about it in this topic or on discord. (So we do not have edit wars.)
The info therein should be accurate as of the current patch.

I hope many server ops will keep it up to date with log errors, possible reasons etc. Of course I also hope modders and UWE/CDT chip in as much as possible.

And last but not least. I hope others then server ops like to learn a bit more about ns2 servers. :)

Comments

• KeatsKeats United States Join Date: 2014-11-04 Member: 199413Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Great work! Love the colors :smiley:! I'm a bit confused about the numbers in the bwlimit section. I thought I had read elsewhere that the default bwlimit is about 20 kiloBYTES, not kiloBITS. This would fit with your 25600 bytes number, which is about 25 kB.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited December 2015
    uuhhm... possible. It was rather late when I typed it, and since the introduction of stuff like kilobyte VS kibibyte, it got even more confusing. Especially since many sources also write in the old, rather then the new format.
    A quick bit calc indeed shows it should be Byte, so I assume I ment KB/kB. (I have seen both used for kilobyte. I shall edit)\

If more typo's have snuck in feel free to let me know. I would not be amazed some did snuck in. It took really long to type.

>edit, fixing some small stupid typo's which snuck in & adding some small details which I forgot.
    Like how to actually enable client perfmon and stuff like that<