[Bug report] Arc damages on an echoing structure done at the echo destination

KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
edited December 2015 in Technical Support
Hi,

Today as a commander I ran into a bug when echoing a shift which was attacked by arcs. The arcs damages were done on the echo destination, damaging nearby structures as well (and killing a wounded upgrade). It was in summit, the shift was in Sub-Sector and the echo destination was Data-core.). I think it can be reproduced easily with the following environnement:
  1. (dev env: set to 1 arc damages, and increase a lot arc fire rate)
  2. Take a shift or any echoable alien structure
  3. Attack with the arcs
  4. Echo the structure

I think the issue came from a moment between the arc shooting and the structure beeing echoed inbetween. (race condition ?)
Hope it helps.

Edit: I do not think mod or the server has something to do with this (since I haven't seen any mod out there touching the arc or the echo system) but here are the info: It was on wooza hamsterwheel 16vs16 (Mod: Shine, Wooza potpourri, Wooza hamster wheel mod)

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    What server was this seen on? What mods did the server have?
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I've seen this many times on TGNS. I preemptively warn my team ahead of time when echoing things home: "The hive is fine. No one freak out.", as the hive will soon scream as it takes the splash damage of the long-distant ARC's attack on the structure I've echo'd home.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    hmm I wonder. I think I have seen this once also. Hard to say if its mod related or in vanilla.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    If you could get a video that would be great, thanks!