Skip Hotfix - Revert to 277

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
edited December 2015 in NS2 General Discussion
The game is in no state to be public. If you can't fix it immediately, you need to straight up revert to the previous build. Absolutely nothing about the new build matters more than the hitreg

I've always been a firm believer in that hitreg is great if you hit the center of your target, because it was. And if it really wasn't, then it's something you need to learn to deal with because it was minor enough.

As it is right now the game is pointless. I'm actually afraid to play anymore because I might develop bad habits because of it.

edit: The game is below 100 live players right now, and this why.

Comments

• Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Agreed unless that hotfix is out today reverting should be the only choice
  • WebtranceWebtrance US Join Date: 2013-11-08 Member: 189165Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Agreed. I have rarely/barely complained about hitreg over the years. Build 278 is absolutely atrocious. Center mass bites - noregs. Same goes for marines.
  • unrenderedunrendered Finland Join Date: 2013-11-07 Member: 189137Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited December 2015
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Build 278 was just reverted. We are back to a stable 277. So sorry about all of this guys :(
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @Decoy I don't think most people are upset with anyone but @Hugh

I had a hilarious game yesterday with 278, was a fun memory but the right call to revert until the 279 hotfix is founded
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    I doubt there will be a rollback to 277.

This kind of things will always happen until someone starts a real process of testing procedure as it should be. Testing procedures for those who ignore it, is testing specific aspects in different 'flavor' as much as possible. Play the game randomly is barely scratching the surface. Yes there are many test to do but that's why we invented checklist, Excel, and databases.

I wanted to talk about NS2_Refinery because of this. But then i wondered: did they fixed it ? so i try to use the read the full story link in the b278 post... Err 404... huh... what?

NS2_Refinery have been updated. But I'm nowhere confident to say it was carefully planned when i see this.
    Hold your horses it's not a bug, and won't have a impact on the game.
    u5qafjlxu91b.jpg
    It's just something that wasn't put back where it should be, apparently.

Maybe rushing it isn't a good bargain.
    My 2 cents.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @UncleCrunch I don't often agree with you, but try the front page first this time
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    You're right. I left ~2h ago as it is grocery day... Sorry for my lack of refreshing the page.

Still... the link is broken as "404". Not an post update or a redirect to the proper page.
    Another "made in a hurry" thing it seems.

My general point about "testing and checking things" stands none the less.
  • umdum9umdum9 London ON. Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201013Members
    Decoy wrote: »
    Build 278 was just reverted. We are back to a stable 277. So sorry about all of this guys :(

I think everyone is just glad you are listening to the community's suggestions, not many developers do this.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks for the rollback, this is the right thing to do in software development. Take the time and get it right. Work out the politics involved behind closed doors.
    I did bet on no rollback (i didn't play 278).
    This tell so many thing about what's going on.
    ...Unfortunately.

• RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Webtrance wrote: »
    Agreed. I have rarely/barely complained about hitreg over the years. Build 278 is absolutely atrocious. Center mass bites - noregs. Same goes for marines.

Well, that's what I'm getting on the usual day. I bet 278 would actually improve my hitreg. And only mine, because hitreg is always fucked up only for me for some reason.