Copy right?

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
When you buy the ns2 deluxe edition you get a bunch of songs are those copy righted? For example i wanna be a youtuber could i use those songs in my video?

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    lussebull wrote: »
    When you buy the ns2 deluxe edition you get a bunch of songs are those copy righted? For example i wanna be a youtuber could i use those songs in my video?

No.

You naughty boy you lussebull, naughty naughty!
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    First step is to become a Youtuber. Second step is to find out whether you can use it or not. :D

• MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015

If being used for NS2 Related content - then i would say yes as thats what its based on, if being used for something unrelated then i would say no,

But just to be safe its always best to get Permission from the company 1st before you do use copyrighted stuff,
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    MaxAmus wrote: »

If being used for NS2 Related content - then i would say yes as thats what its based on, if being used for something unrelated then i would say now,

But just to be safe its always best to get Permission from the company 1st before you do use copyrighted stuff,

That's why i asked! ;)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    And if you want to be on the safe side, youtube does have a library of sounds you're allowed to use. Alongside http://ccmixter.org/ for example you can get some cool songs in there, without having to worry about the legality of it all.

However youtube can be a real pain in the butt where music is concerned. So I'd mail UWE first :)

Their info pages on this doesn't specifically say music usage is allowed even if it is technically part of the game
    http://unknownworlds.com/copyright/
    http://unknownworlds.com/video-policy/
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts

Hey man, you can absolutely use the soundtrack in your youtube videos, it just cannot be for-profit. Keep in mind that this stuff IS UWE property, so be careful how you use them. As long as they're not the main focus of the video, and it's not for-profit, you should be fine.