a possible texture mistake.

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
i just noticed that the reaper onos don't have black bones on it's legs in first person mode but in third person mode it has it.....
49l4mv2h3b9g.jpg
not a big problem just wanted you to know!
~Saffron_Baker

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I remember something similar happening in Skulks With Shotguns, where the blue skulk's viewmodel would show the red skulk's legs flashing through the screen when they used leap.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    You may very well be onto something there @lussebull I'll check it out when I get a chance (busy upgrading to Windows 10 right now :) ).
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
    I've known about this since release of the models. It's the same reason why when you leap as skulk it always shows the default skin. I don't recall finding an easy fix but I'll look again
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    Heh, seems familiar with the Spec-Opcs and Deluxe viewmodels using the default marine one... For Black Armour it's still using that, but a simple workshop mod fixed that for peeps since it's client approved side anyways...

Sidenote, my Deluxe gloves mod is still better than the official one in game, the green color shade is wrong and it has a few texture errors :tongue:
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
    Warning, don't read if you don't want to unsee a really bad texture issue
    Yes, the female marine view models are really messed up. All models use the deluxe skin mesh but with textures that are supposed to be used with a different mesh so nothing lines up and it looks really really bad. I've tried multiple times to fix it

x23vW9o.png