Allow sprint to cancel weapon reload

twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Currently, Marines have to go through an extra step of switching weapon to cancel reload animation (with the exception of shotgun), before they can sprint. This feels cumbersome.

I suggest change clipweapons, so that sprinting automatically cancels the reload process.

Comments

• LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    Fast switching or just using rifle buff is enough tbh, sprint-canceling can only lead to bad things imho.
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Please no those types of reload in other games drive me nuts, you're reloading and accidentally press shift or initiate shift too fast and it cancels all the reload, it's easier to switch with 123(as i do) or fastswitch to release it, having it locked in is really good if you're on the run, holding shift so you can re-initiate your sprinting once reload complete is also good.

It would feel clunky to be honest.
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I suppose it could be added as a menu option like in Dirty Bomb.