Amazing game on Woozas a few months ago, lasted 80 minutes!

umdum9umdum9 London ON. Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201013Members
The game resulted in us, the marines winning. I managed to capture footage of us slaying the Alien's final hive. I find the game quite memorable due to it lasting a impressive 80 minutes as well as it being the first time I reached a in-game score of over 1000. This was also one of the very few times I have ever been on first place in the leader boards. Here is the footage:

Comments

• SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good for you man - hope you have many more of those.
  • jrgnjrgn Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58289Members
    I can see a brave alien soldier fighting them back!
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Time for a US/NA Wooza franchise?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited November 2015
    Time for a US/NA Wooza franchise?

MCG had a 42 slot server for a while. It didnt stay up long. I think wooza's is great... in europe.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Doesn't MCG still have a 32p server up?
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Nordic wrote: »
    Doesn't MCG still have a 32p server up?

If it is, haven't seen it seeded in a while.
  • tallhotblondetallhotblonde Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174770Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    42 player server, 80 min game. Sounds... like... fun...

My favorite games are 12-14 player and 10-20 mins :blush:
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    80min? *grabs cane*.
    In the old day, in ns1, we had matches lasting hours upon hours. Now get off my lawn.

More serious... as long as you had fun. ^^
    But yeh, im with skyice on wanting a bit shorter matches and smaller teams these days.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    My first game of ns2 was a little over 8 hours. People who left in the first hour joined in the last hour to see the game win.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Those games also happened in ns2 @Nordic?
    havent experienced that yet.
    Then again, less time then in my teens so I dont mind matches be shorter. :D
    edited November 2015
    Those games also happened in ns2 @Nordic?
    havent experienced that yet.
    Then again, less time then in my teens so I dont mind matches be shorter. :D

I was in high school then and it was the weekend. It only lasted so long because we were all rookies and never attacked the chair or hive. This was in b208.

I have not play a game over 90 minutes besides that one. I would not even have the patience for an 80 minute game now.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Been quite a few games i have played - looked at the round time and was amazed that it has nearly past the hour mark.

Have played some awesome rounds and had that 1 93 min round gB vs HBZ while back that was quite interesting to say the least,

Some long rounds can be fun - as long as its back and forth.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    @DC_Darkling
    Back in the alpha/beta stages, there were certain builds where games lasting 2hrs+ were common, and when those builds came out I loved it, it was like NS all over again.

However, the target was always a much shorter round time in NS2, so those builds were always soon 'corrected', much to my dismay :D
    @soul_rider
    heh, how much I loved long matches in ns1, I doubt I would have time for them now. Im happy its shorter now. :)

But yes, it was a different experience to start playing somewhere in the morning, and have folk leave, and rejoin in the evening, in the SAME match.. madness. :P
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Been quite a few games i have played - looked at the round time and was amazed that it has nearly past the hour mark.

Have played some awesome rounds and had that 1 93 min round gB vs HBZ while back that was quite interesting to say the least,

Was that the one with Reddog streaming (and cursing)?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    CCTEE wrote: »

This game, Yes it was.
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Haha skip forward to 1h and listen in.
    Haha skip forward to 1h and listen in.

Ooooowwwwwwww Its Finished. Slow clap... Slow Clap.... @RedDog haha so good.

One game that was more fun to play, than to watch, that is for sure!
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    CCTEE wrote: »

This game, Yes it was.

No break for you!
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    80 hours, childsplay! Back in my day, 2003 we played a round of NS (ns_hera, dual siege spot version) and it was only stopped when HL WON servers were taken offline in favor of Steam. Oh and new HL/NS patches, otherwise we'd still be playing that one round...
    I have to agree @kouji_san that some rounds in ns1 1.04 took ridiculously long. Fun fun, but so long.
    Even the longest ns2 matches ive seen do not compare in length. (Although im quite happy about that due to time)