SeaGlide Map Display Only What's In Front

TydalTydal Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209277Members
I love the 3d map/display of the SeaGlide, but it is incredibly convoluted and difficult to read since it also displays what's behind you.

I think it could be useful if it only showed terrain in front of the player, so you wouldn't be looking through a mess of wireframe from stuff behind you. I think if it was possible to implement this it would look very cool and actually make it more enjoyable to use the SeaGlide.

Comments

• xerxysxerxys Berlin, DE Join Date: 2015-03-23 Member: 202471Members
    The map is pretty confusing, in fact I hadn't even realised that it displayed the entire area around you, rather than what was in front. But it's early days and I am glad to see even relatively minor updates (as opposed to new biomes etc) being made to existing game elements and demonstrates that the devs are committed to an evolving and improving development process, rather than just throwing in more new stuff.

The wireframe is a confusing concept and is pretty unhelpful for meaningful navigation at this time. I mean, we have a generous view distance in the game compared to many real-life oceanic environments, so all the little HUD is doing is mimicking what is already on the screen, but this could change, although I'd like to see something like a solid map (if anyone was unlucky enough to see the Will and Jayden Smith vehicle After Earth, the map they use on the ship there is a great example of what I mean).