NS2:Assault [Alpha]

2»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I will try to organize another game of it.
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2015
    Some of the things I'd like feedback on are:
    *Capture rate of Tech Points and Res Points - Is it too long or too short
    *tres income rate from holding certain numbers of tech points and subsequent tech unlock rate
    *pres income rate and frequency of access to weapons/upgrades/lifeforms
    *Costings of Marine weapons and Alien upgrades

Furthermore, currently you automatically heal you out of combat and I understand this makes it difficult to deal with higher life forms as you need sustained presence. The system is still in place but the intention is to implement a medpack drop/self heal on pressing Q for a pres cost of say 0.25 orso pres. There would be a delay on it so that you cant spam it and instead have to choose the best moment to use it.
    Changelog v0.13

*Fixed Minimap blip issue

Marine
    *Medpacks now drop when you press Q with the normal medpack request delay. Costs 0.25 pres and checks that you have less than full health
    *Removed out of combat autoheal
    *Ammopacks now drop when you press Z with normal ammo request delay. Costs 0.25 pres and checks that you have less than full ammo
    *Fixed consumed drop issue (having a turret wouldnt allow you to drop another and destroy the old one)
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    YOU'RE WELCOME SCATTER.
    edited December 2015
    Thanks mendsap you are a True American Hero™
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Scatter wrote: »

I was just going to rek you're ass with why you shouldn't specify people from countries. And specify people as a whole not by borders. Then i rememberd a great song from beetles
    Stop derailing my life work ! B)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue

I was just going to rek you're ass with why you shouldn't specify people from countries.

I was just going to wreck your ass for having a joke pass straight over your head, as you are obviously unaware Mendasp is one of the most famous Spanish people on these forums...

oops... I mentioned a country again.....

We are all one yes, but we are all one who live under different rules, have different ideals and different dreams...

Scatter's dream is that his life work is appreciated and the thread not derailed anymore :D

So be it....

*until the next derailment :D
    Had an 18 player public server full for 3 hours with assault. It was pretty fun but with some obvious balance issue that can easily be solved. Thanks to all those who played for the very useful feedback.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Whens the next playtest scheduled? I want in
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Whens the next playtest scheduled? I want in

Me too! I love this mod!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I don't want to panic you guys, but when I see scatter's name on Steam, he seems to be playing one of those games that sucks up all your time and effort - Rust.

We may have lost him for a few years, lol :D
    My empire isn't going to build itself :D
  • axamdeepaxamdeep Shanghai, China Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72226Members, Squad Five Blue

:/ We all miss the overhaul mod.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I want this to exist so bad. Feels like it could fill the gap left by combat, while still keeping most the classic NS elements.

STAHP PLAYIN RUST (they're just going to wipe all your stuff anyway!)
    edited February 2016

You're damn right there, so get these mods finished, or you will never become the most infamous modder in NS2 (we all know you harbour ambitions of Awesome domination over @Mendasp with your mods),

edit - grammar policed self.
    Hey Rust can't be as much fun as this???
    It seems like you also have that (hopefully) bug that gives you konstant tips on how to play the game...
    Do you know any fix?
    edited February 2016
    @Saffron_baker - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah no.

Although myself and scatter worked together on many mods that included Modular Exo, that mod is 100% @Scatter 's baby. I don't even know how it works :D

It's like the CTF mod we made, and our other slightly over ambitious battlefield mod, which included modular exo and classes for marines. I still don't understand scatters class and exo code. I could certainly do with using the class code for GorgeForts, but I can't figure it out :D

We work together well as a team because we specailize in different bits of coding, and apply our particulars experiences directly into parts of our projects.

I definitely hope to work with scatter again in the future, although whether that would be in NS2 or not is another matter.
    The wierd thing is @Soul_Rider that it just decided to show up now... When i got 300 h play
    Yeah sorry, I don't know what that is, probably a menu option can turn it off. I have no idea why that pops up, but I only use minimal HUD anyway, and I don't even know if it is related to that or not.
    At best ill make this compatible wirh current build. No new development other than balance tweaks. The gameplay is in a reasonable state though
    Looking at possibly reviving this. Is there any interest for such a game mode or should I stick with Overhaul?
  • G_LockG_Lock Playtester_ FL Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184624Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This is cool, sounds like a new version of combat mod, but I'm really curious to see how Overhaul pans out though.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I like the sound of both honestly.

But when TAW was playing NS2, we did mod nights and tested both, Assault without doubt got the better reception.

I believe there is space in the community for assault more than the overhaul mod, and if UWE would help you out (once the mod is finished) with a gamemode weekend or something (like infested etc) I could see it filling the gap that combat left so long ago.
    Yeah fair point, I originally made assault to fill that void and that still has not been filled yet.

The way forward here is either making it it ns2 without commanders but very true to how a typical ns2 game unfolds, or making it a game mode without commanders that is fun in its own right without having to replicate fade at x minutes, weapon 2 at x minutes, etc etc.

As such I am strongly inclined to make it based off overhaul in the sense that I would do away with passive weapon/armour ups, rebalanced of lifeform HP and marines HP/damage like in overhaul, slight changes to alien upgrades (primarily carapace/celerity, onos changes, possibly the super units, etc.

Also taking into account the feedback from the previous version regarding capture mechanics and whatnot.

A few things to think about for this one...

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    yeah, I definitely think sticking to the same movement and ability mechanics of vanilla, but not sticking to timings etc, taking from overhaul the lack of weapons/armour upgrades and no health from biomass etc would be an ideal starting point... then balancing from there.