Local Chat All Talk

HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
OGM.. We NEED this in our lifes! ... PLEASE someone HALP!

Ghoul is not doing it, cuz Shine is too popular and the worries of abuse and backlash are high... but if someone coud make a seperate mod for it my population would be eternaly greatful. :D

contact me!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/hellrunner2k/

Comments

• HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    okay.. to clarify... there are two bindable options for talking in game... one is the standard global chat... so you can coordinate your team and talk tactics (only your team can hear you) and the other is local chat. In local chat you can be heard IN the environment... your position relative to other players will affect the volume of your voice... also depending on your position the others hear your from a certain direction. I want THIS to be alltalk... for public shits and giggles :D

this would make a LOT of ppl happy

and if it's enableable and diableable via a command... the better

please help us out! ^^

your name will be valued and praised among us :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    If a modder is interested in doing this, I wrote out some detail guidelines of how I think this would look. Look for option 2 in the first post of this thread.
  • HEllrunner2kHEllrunner2k Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185945Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    you noticed that this is about ALL talk.. so the fade you're hunting would in fact know that you're hunting it... It's more for fun ^^... like screaming "FOR THE SHIRE!" when you storm a hive ^^ ... or grunting on the cieling when the noob is still unaware of you :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    I did not quite realize that, but the guidelines I wrote might still be useful for the modder. I really think it would be great if a modder wanted to make local all talk even if I don't think it is a good idea. It opens up the possibility for easy trash talk. People already think ns2 has a toxic community, and we do not need to add to this perception
    sry.. if it gets abused don't install it on your server... my population is AWESOME... and would benefit from something like that... even if it#s a thing that get's only turned on once in a while.. we WANT this option.. badly.. ^^
  • Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    The next update to Shine will have a new option under the base commands plugin for this, called "AllTalkLocal", and the command "sh_alltalklocal" to toggle it.
    WOW.. awesome dude :D thank you sooo much .. in the name of all Hellarious Basterds Regulars <3
    OH my GOOOOOOODe .. this is soo much fun :D made a couple of ppl happy allready... "wow... a skulk is scary when it charges you screaming" ... "this is awesome! how did you do that?"... "Mute hellrunner ^^ <3" :D
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can this be disabled at client level? or is it forced?
    it's NOT disableable for clients... If someone annoyes you you can mute him... ALSO.. there is a bug right now. If allTalkLocal is true the comms can't respond to requests with the space bar anymore. Hosts! disable till resolved
  • Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    The change I made has no impact on commander space bar functionality. It literally changed the voice filter that determines who can hear who, and that's all.

I started a listen server with just Shine installed, and I could use the space bar as a commander with all talk local enabled fine. I would check the other mods you have installed, I bet one of them updated around the same time and caused this problem.

Edit: Found the problem. Seems that the alerts use the voice chat hearing check to determine if you receive them, and it doesn't pass through a channel identifier. I'll push an update to fix this now.
    edited November 2015
    WHOOOHOOO :D thx buddy ^^ we are happy again <3
    so Hosts.. enable for maximum happyness
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    WHOOOHOOO :D thx buddy ^^ we are happy again <3
    so Hosts.. enable for maximum happyness

I'll have what he's having
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hmm, i guess ill be just disabling voice chat for all now - as i dont find this fun at all, off course i can see the fun that can be had with it, but i dont feel the little time i get to play should be now ruined by skulks screaming past me, lerks scrolling past playing highway to danger zone.

So my only hope is that you will let clients disable this. or i will hear no one :disappointed:
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    Hmm, i guess ill be just disabling voice chat for all now - as i dont find this fun at all, off course i can see the fun that can be had with it, but i dont feel the little time i get to play should be now ruined by skulks screaming past me, lerks scrolling past playing highway to danger zone.

So my only hope is that you will let clients disable this. or i will hear no one :disappointed:

Agreed, especially with people screaming into the microphone on high player count servers, this will all just be noise, it's hard enough to concentrate with just 3 people talking at once.
    edited November 2015
    I will publish an update (when the Steam workshop lets me) that adds the command "sh_alltalklocal_cl" which will allow you as a client to choose whether you can hear local voice chat from the other team.

Just enter "sh_alltalklocal_cl false" into the console and it will be disabled for you. This option will be saved locally so you only need to set it once.
    this is legit now ppl :D