Should there be more Physics in the Game?

BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
What do you think about physics - the more the better? or is too much realism bad for the game?

Comments

• BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
    It depends. Are you talking about pressure death when diving ? If yes, i will answer by no.
    If by physics, you mean weather, sand movement, floating materials, ocean currents. It is a yes.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I think that before they add too much more they need to do some major optimizing for performance. This will allow the game to be run better and faster on the same machines and it will also be able to run on more lower end machines (the more common ones like what you buy from walmart).
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    paradine wrote: »
    I think that before they add too much more they need to do some major optimizing for performance. This will allow the game to be run better and faster on the same machines and it will also be able to run on more lower end machines (the more common ones like what you buy from walmart).

Agreed. I think performance optimisation is a must.
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    just got a pc upgrade.

BRING IT ON
  • NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    #voteturnip. But yes, I like having more realism and more things to test out my bank account drainer.
  • Joe_HoganJoe_Hogan England Join Date: 2015-11-07 Member: 209067Members
    It is hard to say if there should be more physics in the game because there are many different realistic and unrealistic features in the game such as lithium (found in the lava caves and the koosh zones) actually explodes when it comes in contact with water in real life.

by Joe
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I love physics.

I say, the more realism, the better.

Fluid physics would actually be epic.
    Soft-body physics on vehicles, almost as much so.
  • rainer128rainer128 United states Join Date: 2015-11-08 Member: 209096Members
    edited November 2015
    Joe_Hogan wrote: »
    It is hard to say if there should be more physics in the game because there are many different realistic and unrealistic features in the game such as lithium (found in the lava caves and the koosh zones) actually explodes when it comes in contact with water in real life.

by Joe

So we Meet Again ^^ I'm happy someone else noticed that about the lithium thing :) I saw your answer on that and had to quickly press that Awesome button.. Anyhow, my reason for Indecisive. I want to see more content first, then doing things such as adding physics, but keep in mind everyone as Joe_Hogan mentioned with The Lithium Thing how real world application effects games although throwing lithium into the water would make for some fun fireworks for some sort of even haha. Anyhow at this point making the game is even more intense, so expect much longer wait on some stuff as the more real world physic's show up the 4 things they had to do turns into 10 and you might umm prefer to fall into water safely rather than break your legs upon contact id like to be able to jump into water safely in game :3 so specific's are needed really to answer this poll easier. (this made me think of the water jumping thing physic wise)
    http://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/9059/jumping-into-water