vehicles, base, progression, science, player,A.G.I, exploration

DavidHudsonDavidHudson Azores Join Date: 2015-11-05 Member: 208976Members
Being an 80's kid, i remember watching movies like deepstar six, sphere,the abyss,and newers, the core, moon. Born and raised on Azores,where most of my time was spent on the water, Subnautica was the game i was waiting for, as such i would like to leave some suggestions.

1-Cyclops,seamoth, exosuit, should be front liners but not end game vehicles. As depth increases new alloys new vehicles should be developed. I've seen the artwork for a potential second sub on the facebook page, a sub with 2 decks i think, with narrower windows and i think you guys should go for it. It's size would be perfect to house unmanned Rovers,kitchen, science lab,workshop,an exosuit V2, and since it's the future, smaller probes that could probably enter vents in order to map the magma chambers in search of rarer materials created in high temperatures.This would be eliminating the need to come to the home base so often. A true second base, with holographic display for charting etc.

2- a suit for the exosuit,or exosuit v2 something we could couple in order to get more bulkiness and heat/pressure resistant but with the trade off of getting a way narrower field of view,where we would depend more on sensors than actually seeing stuff.This would add to the immersion of "going in blind" camera or scanner glitches near some magnetic materials etc.

3-Winch and cable to reel in the suit into the submarine,something that would attach to it's back but could be detached upon reaching "land". And smaller ones using point to point stability struts, and descend between them ex: (T) to descend into deeper chambers, and climb back up. This would open up the "mountain climber" aspect of in gameplay, and an eject mechanism for the pilot in case of malfunction.

4-Physical A.G.I like the movie moon, a physical companion, that would for example, remove water and salt from the water filter, care for plants and live specimens we collected, or, an A.G.I bulky companion to aid us in exploration on the subs bridge.(wouldn't need to travel through base levels) A bot we had to rebuild piece by piece, would give the player that extra objective in order to combat solitude, if the "software" was taken from the Aurora, would provide more feedback to fill gaps in the story.

5-Shower, bedroom, kitchen counter, couch,bar(Ex machina). More stuff to make the base feel like a home and not a box with more boxes in it, music player would be nice.

6-Lost tapes- Holographic display(not wall mounted) of videos retrieved from wreckage (minority report), would make the player engage more personally with the aurora. (family messages,cartoons, etc) this would raise immersion in the game.

7-Laboratories, this is one man doing a whole crew job. Geology, genome sequencing,splicing,air analysis,terrain mapping,species mapping, everything you can think of you should add it,glad there is an A.G.I buddy right? ( ;P)

8-Ruins is a must,some kind of terraformer mechanism left behind, responsible for the burst of energy(monolith 2001 space odyssey)

9-Player recorded logs.(The martian, Moon)

10-Probing the core of the planet, humankind where we go we probe.

11- Derelict Ships,so old that they look petrified at really great depths,only visual story,with exploration inside,alien jibberish, a few pieces of interesting tech or even material analysis to improve submarine, suits, base. This should provide some form of visual representation of the species associated with that derelict.

12- Archaeology, paleontology. To understand the civilization or mass extinction event that wiped them, this would be cool, if it led to the study of the core of the planet. never leaving water,just big ass layered and fractured rifts.

13-These last would probably work towards knowing the inner workings of the planet and if it was really feasible to establish a colony there.

14- More tools to salvage submarines or big debris.

15-read somewhere, that solar panels should be floating with buoys around them and a cable connecting them to base, i found it a great idea)

16- Atmospheric bots,or buoys.

17- More events that could lead to base breach

Finally, i know most of these are not feasible, but whatever you do, you're doing it great. Thank you for this experience

Comments

• SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    YOU ARE AWESOME!!! <3

HALLELUJAH!!!

Amen to every one of these Ideas, especially sleeping in a bed, toilet, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
    Totally see these being implemented in a larger sub.
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    edited November 2015
    I also would like to see some kind of heat system, although my base is powered the temp is about 10-11 degrees, ok if thats the water temp or you have a blackout, but a powered base should be alot warmer ?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Yes to everything except the Atlantis wannabe Ruins.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    A lot of great ideas but implementing things like a kitchen is kind of pointless since you can just get a cooked or petrified food. I think thermal radiation or even thermal heat energy should be possible if a base is close to a magma biome. As for the research I can agree with you that a lot of that should be added but not as exhausting as you are proclaiming as this is futuristic tech. Machines, scanners, drones and etc. should and would be able to do a lot of these things where your job isn't so complex. I have stated many times that the vehicles should continue being improved upon and updated and still would love to see a mother sub that can house all the vehicles and be pretty much a mobile base. So that you can still go from point A to point B and not have to exactly rebuild everything from scratch once again. It allows for a exploration route as well as a way to transfer materials from one base to another. I like the threats that you have naturally. Hopefully see some more interesting fish for substance and just for scenery like coral fish.