Kleptomaniac creatures

StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
This is more of a behavior suggestion as it can apply to any creatures with manipulatory appendages. When in range of the player , these could grab any technological debris they find , then bring it to their nest , which they would defend aggressively. Armed players could make them drop their loot , while sneakier ones could follow them and avoid detection to plunder the nest.

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    StoplightLoosejaw.jpg
    Personally, if something like this tried to steal from me... I'd let him take it.

But seriously. Love the idea. Many creatures here on Earth are known to occasionally steal things from people. Why wouldn't creatures in SN do so? Maybe have an entire species of creature, where this is literally all they do. Others are able to take your stuff, but this type wouldn't be edible, doesn't attack you (and in fact hides behind terrain to avoid detection), and when your back is turned, pickpockets a few pieces of ore or something.

Out of your whole suggestion, my favorite part is this, though:
    Stakhanov wrote: »
    Armed players could make them drop their loot , while sneakier ones could follow them and avoid detection to plunder the nest.