My suggestions

HalindrixHalindrix USA Join Date: 2015-10-22 Member: 208675Members
Lights!
Add external base lights to make the darker parts of the ocean brighter! If you are worried they could be used to make travel easier, make it so they take miniscule amounts of power to run. Say, fifty lights would consume one unit of power per second.

Docking Hatch!
Add a upwards facing hatch that the entrance to the Cyclops could connect to, allowing for docking of your submarine!

And last but not least...
Base Pressure; AKA why am I able to make a sea base without special stuff at 1000 meter depth!?
We should make it so to build past say, 200 M depth you need to make special base parts meant for deep sea. And that any bases at these depths below 50 hull strength will just crumple. Maybe a Plastisteel Foundation that starts you off with around 60 hull strength for making underwater bases.

Comments

• Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    edited October 2015
    I thing that the lights are comming with the next update check on Trello.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    As for the light suggestion...
    This would be my nightlight, knowing some of the creatures in SN:
    brightest-bike-light-in-the-world-1.jpg

Docking hatch, do want. If there's one thing that has 100% of my support (in the realm of improving already-integrated aspects of the game), it's a docking hatch. I've actually made a 3D model of what I think it would look like.

Base pressure, I agree. Here on Earth, it takes extreme amounts of force to survive below 500 feet, let alone the depths in the game... But, not plasteel. Due to the materials in its creation, plasteel would be weaker than normal titanium. Titanium, three inches thick, can actually survive the depths of the Mariana Trench (7 miles) if it's shaped right. So, maybe just have there be more than one type of support. Sure, we have our current support, which increases integrity by a fair amount... maybe add another, far-more-expensive one that increases it by a substantial amount more. After you go to a certain depth, a corridor covered in the current supports on all sides wouldn't be able to handle the pressure. So, we'd need stronger ones.