Skins.

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
So recently there have been some discusions about skins.
So i decided to look the skins up.
I searched on google and found a shadow fade i've never seen before.
I countinued to looking i Went to the wiki and saw the shadow skulk shadow gorge and the shadow lerk.
But i didn't see anything about the shadow fade or the reaper skins. So i keept looking.
Then i checked out the marine skins and there was no kodiak skin wich i new existed. Nither did it show rifle skins. So yeah there my reasearch ended.
Now my question to you guys is what exactly do i get in the difrent packs?
Im especially intrested in the reaper khara skins and the elite assult. Are those still avible? And do i get those in the deluxe edition?

-Saffron_Baker

Comments

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited October 2015
    Thank you!
    So does the deluxe edition combine them all?
    And the shadow gorge and lerk what about those?
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2015
    I am not sure to be frank with you, when I purchased the deluxe edition mine came with;-

Official Soundtrack - 1 hour of tribal, industrial music composed by David John and Simon Chylinski
    Digital Art Book - 40+ pages of art by Cory Strader, including environments, creatures, weapons and more
    Exclusive Wallpapers and Avatars - Unique views of the NS2 universe by artist Rantology
    Exclusive in-game marine model - A new marine model with custom visor and armor plating

Whether they have included all the DLC since then I do not know as I purchased my deluxe edition years ago.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2015
    You know I think I should either sticky this or slap it into my sig :tongue:

Questions about Natural Selection 2 Beta access or Black/Deluxe Armour?

The Natural Selection 2 - Mega Pack is the one that combines them all, keeping the thread I linked in mind of what you do and do not get. You know to add to @Yojimbo 's awesome image powered post :D

You've got
    • Natural Selection 2 (Standard Edition)
    • Natural Selection 2 - Special Editon - no longer available for purchase (included Deluxe Edition and Spec-Ops Black Armour)
      • There is no black armour viewmodel, I made a workshop mod for that, and also for the Deluxe version (colour and model was wrong, they fixed the model but the colour is still a bit off :D )
      • And I've made another first person mod to add black armour plated weapons. Alas for your eyes only though, because as soon as you drop your rifle they magically turn into default rifles (unlike the Kodiak weapons). And when you pick em up again, they turn back into black armour plated once more :tongue:
    • Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe Edition (skin: Deluxe Armoured marine, the more bulky one with visor)
    • Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe Edition upgrade (upgrade to Deluxe from Standard Edition)
    • Mega Pack (which includes the Deluxe edition, the DLC: Kodiak, Reaper and Reinforcement Packs and the stand alone game NS2: Combat)

• Stand alone DLC
      • DLC: Kodiak Pack (skins: Kodiak marine/EXO and rifle skins)
      • DLC: Reaper Pack (skins: Albino/Reaper Aliens)
      • DLC: Reinforcement Pack (Skins: Shadow Aliens and Assault Marines, excluding the Elite Assault marine)

So this is what it all comes down to, as to which skins are no longer available for purchase:
    - Spec-Ops Black Armoured marines
    - Elite Assault marines
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    You know I think I should either sticky this or slap it into my sig :tongue:

Questions about Natural Selection 2 Beta access or Black/Deluxe Armour?

The Natural Selection 2 - Mega Pack is the one that combines them all, keeping the thread I linked in mind of what you do and do not get. You know to add to @Yojimbo 's awesome image powered post :D

You've got
    • Natural Selection 2 (Default)
    • Natural Selection 2 - Special Editon - no longer available for purchase (included Deluxe Edition and Spec-Ops Black Armour)
    • Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe Edition (skin: Deluxe Armoured marine, the more bulky one with visor)
    • Natural Selection 2 - Deluxe Edition upgrade (upgrade to deluxe from standard)
    • Mega Pack (which includes the Deluxe edition, the DLC: Kodiak, Reaper and Reinforcement Packs and the stand alone game NS2: Combat)

• Stand alone DLC
      • DLC: Kodiak Pack (skins: Kodiak skins)
      • DLC: Reaper Pack (skins: Albino/Reaper Aliens)
      • DLC: Reinforcement Pack (Skins: Shadow Aliens and Assault Marines, excluding the Elite Assault marine)

So this is what it all comes down to, as to which skins are no longer available for purchase:
    - Spec-Ops Black Armoured marines
    - Elite Assault marines

Please feel free to sticky all of this or put it in your sig if you think it would help players.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited October 2015
    x0vt7fnb23bi.jpg
    All the cool marine one's are gone.....
    I feel so sad right now i should've known about this game erlier....
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    lussebull wrote: »
    All the cool marine one's are gone.....
    I feel so sad right now i should've known about this game erlier....

I am sure there will be new ones added in the furture :smile: