Fade Escapez

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation

I then flashed a minute later

Comments

• DilligafDilligaf Join Date: 2014-05-25 Member: 196238Members
    I miss the warp ability the fade had when pressing shift, if you used adrenaline you could move in stop motion around the map :')
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Dilligaf it was called shadow step. And yea, fading was way easier back then. -Probably for the best that it was changed imho.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Well the point is that I was as good as dead, but I was subconsciously counting his shotgun shells on the node, and he made the mistake of having 0 left at any point :)

Overall bad fade play for sure lol
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    mattji104 wrote: »
    Well the point is that I was as good as dead, but I was subconsciously counting his shotgun shells on the node, and he made the mistake of having 0 left at any point :)

Overall bad fade play for sure lol
    It was a smart decision and you were able to make it while hanging by a thread. His buddy would've probably picked you off if you just retreated to Server.

One suggestion I have is to stop using those HP/energy bars. I think constantly glancing at the lower left and right corners of the screen in the middle of a fight significantly lowers your reaction time. A while ago, I switched to the circular bars close to the crosshair and they've made fights much more easier as aliens; especially as fade for energy conservation.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    This wasn't against pub players :)

The odds of having to deal with that 3rd marine were small in my mind, but i almost died because i didnt expect the shotgun to hit me well on his first shot from under the rail.

The bars on the side are much better for me, not distracting at all and I have a senseof my condition without explicitly leaving the center of my screen.

I was playing bad because of personal issues going on and stuff :) Plus the lerks were dead lol
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Karnaj wrote: »
    I think constantly glancing at the lower left and right corners of the screen in the middle of a fight significantly lowers your reaction time. .

I don't find myself glancing at them.. they are pretty effective when using just your peripheral (that's sort of their purpose).
    As for the bars near the crosshair, do you not find them to be distracting or obscuring? I've considered trying em
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    edited October 2015
    @mattji104 @IronHorse Oh, alright. I couldn't get used to either the default or the ones that you guys are using. When using them, I kept having to glance at the corners of my screen in order to get an accurate assessment of my values, which can be suicidal during a fight. Using only my peripherals, I can't tell the difference between 50% and 33% HP unless the bar starts flashing or whatnot. When engaging enemies, my eyes are glued to the crosshair and things on the very edges of my monitor barely register. I also sit pretty close to my widescreen monitor. I don't have tunnel vision irl, but you could call it that in-game. It could also be that the bars are too small for me even though I downscale my res in-game in order to see larger objects.

I was concerned about the circular bars obscuring vision at first, but they haven't been distracting at all. I find that the proximity of the bars to the crosshair is priceless for me.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Interesting

I wonder if the proximity of your head to the monitor affects this.. Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll give those a shot