Oxygen Tank For Cyclops and Seamoth

spyrodragon50spyrodragon50 Indonesia Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208453Members
i think it would be more realistic if seamoth and cyclops need to have it's oxygen refilled at top and the oxygen tank can last for a very long time seamoth can also refill it's tank by docking inside the cyclops

so what ya guys think?

sorry if someone already posted this idea somewhere on the forums

Comments

• BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    I disagree. This proposed restriction adds nothing positive to the gameplay.

Sorry.

The Cyclops already has limited mission endurance due to its power cell capacity and lack of a suitable recharging facility. The Seamoth is capable of recharging once the Solar Charging module is installed, but that vehicle is still fairly vulnerable to large life forms.

Considering that Subnautica's environment has more than enough hazards to please even the most ardent masochist, I'm not sure that any serious attempts at adding 'realism' to the game would be welcomed by most players.

The very first items to go would be all of those improbably huge bases. Water pressure at extreme depth is quite unforgiving.
    Once you pass 30 metres, your breathing gas mix would also need to be radically altered, and you would have to spend weeks decompressing after particularly deep dives. No shooting up to the surface with a Reaper in hot pursuit, either. Repetitive deep dives are also off the menu.

Given the nature of this game and the overall hostility of its environment, more 'realism' is probably the worst possible addition anyone could hope for.

• anuahhaheeanuahhahee POLAND Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208456Members
    I think that this idea is worth to talk about.
    Do resources of the most wanted fuel for You shuold be for free ? and infinite? i think no.... tanks and refull like power ;-)
    take care ;-)
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    A submarine the size of the Cyclops would be designed to be able to stay submerged for who-knows-how-long (think of modern subs, staying under for three months). As a result, air scrubbers would be a guarantee. So, for the Cyclops, that would simply make no sense. However, something as small as the SeaMoth can only hold enough air for certain (albeit exteded) periods of time. Something the size of the SeaMoth could only hold enough air for about two and a half hours, plus the air tanks the player has. I have to agree, I like the idea (I love realism), but only for the 'Moth, not the Cyclops. Plus, it would give our big buddy a lot more purpose in life. People are always going on about how useless the Cyclops is, since the SeaMoth can do anything it can. Add an air limitation to the Moth, and there you go. I'm thinking, based on the highly-accelerated rate of time in the game, that the SeaMoth should hold about... I dunno, twenty minutes of air?
  • spyrodragon50spyrodragon50 Indonesia Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208453Members
    hmmmm maybe yea twenty minutes,and also i think it is a great idea to have backup oxygen tank for it lol
  • anuahhaheeanuahhahee POLAND Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208456Members
    Ok, but this game is not that realistic, so it would be good idea to have on mind oxygen in vehicle too.
    For example normal tanks to dive at deep 60 meters are for 12 minutes. In the game I must go every 1m to take air on one tank :D (this is example, I do not know how much time I can swim on one tank and I can’t test it now).
    It is a great adventure to go deeper and deeper into unknown, there must be some boundary’s for us that we can’t go to fast there and take the slower journey (1st it will be pressure).
    So I think that Seamoth must have some Air capacity and Cyclops too, but maybe like 20 - 30 Seamoths ? or higher.
    In my opinion Cyclops and Seamoth would have systems to fully recharge on the water surface like our Hero now.
    I can’t w8 till next update :)