Large Aquarium options

TexasB5TexasB5 Join Date: 2015-10-11 Member: 208426Members
With the new large aquariums coming out, do you think we could have an option to change the colour of the tank/ lighting of the room? Perhaps the aquarium could do this by having two buttons resembling those found on the small lockers to switch between reef and cave environments, possibly with a different centre piece for each? You know, so that we don't have to raise our oculus and crabsnake babies in a reef environment?
u78wpqpta74s.png

Comments

• aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Wow that is sexy! Hopefully later on we'll be able to customize the light color in the tanks, and have different biome themes available to unlock over time. Certain types of fish will not be able to survive in some aquarium habitats.

• NaaliNaali U.S. Join Date: 2015-08-23 Member: 207397Members
    I can't wait for stalkers in aquariums. I tried making an aquarium for a reaper, reefback (1kmish below the surface, using the dig 50 command) and some other big critters but they just phazed through the walls and ran away.
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    like i say in "ideas and suggestions" the color in the aquariums should depend on the biomes inside. in real life if you pute the wrong light color in your aquariums, all the fish and plant will die.
  • TexasB5TexasB5 Join Date: 2015-10-11 Member: 208426Members
    Chris, I am just saying that they should have more than just 1 option for a biome, but yes, I agree with you
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Baby reapers better fit in there...
  • En9a9eEn9a9e USA Join Date: 2015-02-17 Member: 201408Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited October 2015
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Baby reapers better fit in there...

Build tank.

Insert eggs.

Hatch baby reaper, baby stalkers, and baby gasopods.

Come back the next morning to find the baby reaper twice it's size, belching gasopod balls, in an otherwise empty tank.

Realize you have invented a way of easily harvesting stalker teeth off the tank floor.

Start research on a way to sedate the devil spawn before entering.
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    I think it should be set up so you select the biome and that sets the color of light and the internal floor/plants/etc. This will let us set it up to hold the creature that we want to place inside it. I also think that there should be 2 or 3 different floor/plant options for each biome setting to give us variety.