Things about NS2_Refinery

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos

Some occlusion (i believe) is visible by the Commander.
70f7ei4q85sw.jpg

In fact; in many places the commander view is obstructed by props or faces that would eventually block "medpack rain" and item dropping. It could get a 'commanderinvisible' lifting.
p4d4ailtaqop.jpg
b9mwav496pep.jpg
ej5exqjtd5k0.jpg
0ecqzftvo1x4.jpg
gmyys2jarujj.jpg
nlzopy5s86nb.jpg
r1lvit3ipg5p.jpg
k8zpkmuybp0y.jpg
yaf6aazt0rg2.jpg
eprhauqu5cuz.jpg
8ldrssvuzb63.jpg
0x8r6a39ddr9.jpg
mu74j9gbmhyz.jpg
cev2ilio1ihs.jpg
3t86o4qi8xi0.jpg
z1q2jzl57yot.jpg

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Yea these have been a pet peeve of mine for a long time now. I'll ask who's maintaining Refinery. :)
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    This doesn't just happen on refinery, it happens on a lot of maps and it seems to be a commander bug, it doesn't ALLWAYS happen, which makes it difficult to reproduce. I experienced something similar on Caged (lava walls in shipping tunnels :/ ) and on Jambi.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Sometimes, when mapping, you'll think you select a face or prop and accidentally moved the mouse while selecting, drawing a tiny selection square across that face and everything behind it. This sometimes results in deleted areas or, as was the case in Caged then, accidentally assigning a face meant to be in the OcclusionGeomtry group to something else. Voila, your occlusion geometry is now a massive lava wall that serves no purpose. Woe!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @Flaterectomy, Giant lava walls are awesome, what are you on about!!! This has been the case for most maps, needs more CommanderInvisible groups and flags :tongue:
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Kasharic wrote: »
    This doesn't just happen on refinery, it happens on a lot of maps and it seems to be a commander bug, it doesn't ALLWAYS happen, which makes it difficult to reproduce. I experienced something similar on Caged (lava walls in shipping tunnels :/ ) and on Jambi.

it's not a bug.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer

it's not a bug.

See, I thought it was and that because with every time its happened to me, reloading the map fixed the issue... I'm guessing that this isn't the case at the moment.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    See, I thought it was and that because with every time its happened to me, reloading the map fixed the issue... I'm guessing that this isn't the case at the moment.
    Maybe you experience some bug that I'm not aware of. I name a 'bug' something that was supposed to work, and fail to do so.

In this case it's a set of geometry & props that aren't assigned a special group. The engine performs properly with what information he has in the map. Up to the official mappers to 'tidy up' the room.
    A quick one
    f3k6gutnzgho.jpg
    I shouldn't hide the far wall. Occlusion is isn't inside the wall enough. Or behind...

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
    Wow...that's very hard to notice. Will report it
    About Conduit :
    There is a blind spot that no marine can reach or shot at. It's easy to reach (I won't tell how here). Let's just say you can reach it as a gorge in less than 30sec and without taking much damage (<10%) from the turret.
    As marine you can't see what's in there.
    As a gorge, it's like a nest from which you can bilebomb without taking any damage. All along the pipe.
    dur0nx06sylf.jpg
    3tdldp2g3o9x.jpg

It's not the only one in the room but it's the one thing you cannot remove unless you have heavy guns or JP.
    -GL and such aren't really useful as the gorge can move along the pipe.
    -Only JP can help 100% sure in this case.

Somebody fix it.

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I didn't think you could do that anymore