Pressure

EldeberonEldeberon USA Join Date: 2015-09-28 Member: 208204Members
With the vast number of entries on this forum I often feel anything I suggest at this stage has already been mentioned. I could take a few days and read the whole site, but than I wouldn’t be able to play the game. Instead I will run the risk of being repetitive and hope others are understanding.

I fail to understand the logic behind pressure. Why is it that a massive submarine can only tolerate 300 (meters? atmospheres?) but my naked body does not appear to have any pressure restrictions at all?

Given that my pressure indicator shows red (despite no damage) can I assume that this is a feature not yet implemented, and that pressure invincibility will be switched off once high-pressure dive suits are inserted into the game?

If not…I think the game logic would be greatly improved by adding high-pressure dive suits, and making subs and other craft capable of diving deeper than a swimming person.

Comments

• LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    I think they are going to implement a system regarding that yes. Could be wrong though.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I think it's coming. We'll probably see it right after they implement the Exosuit.
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    edited October 2015
    The reason you're immune to pressure currently is that otherwise there'd be no way to gather materials from most of the map. The human body can only actually handle about 40 meters of depth, sometimes less. Even if we're being generous and saying your diving suit keeps you alive down to 100 meters, that still only gets you to half of the map at most.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Mr357 wrote: »
    Even if we're being generous and saying your diving suit keeps you alive down to 100 meters, that still only gets you to half of the map at most.

A fair bit less, I'd say. 100 meters? Most areas I've seen go a fair bit below 250.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    I think they will wait with this change untill the exo suits comes out.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Once the devs implement the pressure (fully), we will be limited and the whole gameplay will be much more about planning. I am very excited about that and cannot wait !

And few more suits with different attributes would be great.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I agree, the current build of the game simply doesn't have the things required for pressure logic. If they were to add a depth limitation now, gathering materials would be nearly impossible (especially the ones that only spawn really deep down, like Lithium). After they add the Exosuit, and possibly some other things to allow deep-sea exploration, then this is definitely something I'd want to see.