2 Lerk Double Kill Video

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
edited October 2015 in NS2 General Discussion
https://youtu.be/0nNc-9t9_m4?t=15s

Just happened and remembered to ShadowPlay <3

Comments

• MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    mattji104 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/dkWOH9ro9f8?t=15s\

Just happened and remembered to ShadowPlay <3

Hacker. I saw that twitch aim. Ban this guy. or give him an award :open_mouth:

I would go with an award! :smiley:
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    what, no hitsounds, hitmarkers, or damage numbers? How do you even function?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I just use server confirmed blood
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    need ingame gangsta mic-drop animation for situations like these.
    @cdt plz?
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members

So you count the blood spatters, including one for every shotgun pellet that connects, while focusing on aiming?

You can argue you don't need to know whether you are hitting if you just do everything you can to hit, but knowing how much damage you dealt can be valuable in a number of ways. The damage dealt tells you whether to switch to pistol or reload, whether to persue or give up, and calling it out to teammates in appropriate situations gives them the information to make similar tactical decisions. It also happens to be an effective way to tell hallucinations apart from real lifeforms, as the hallucinated ones show taking greatly increased damage-per-shot.

I could play without them, few other games even give the option of showing damage numbers, but I would never willingly turn them off. Hit sounds provide the same effect by modulating tone based on high damage hits, if you can quickly assess that information you can get data that is almost just as good. Hit markers are kind of redundant though.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited October 2015

Do you feel like it helps you ? Or do you feel it is a preference without any consequence on the way you play ?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited October 2015
    I consider damage numbers a distraction, and like to call them bad decision numbers. Ive tried playing with them but inevitably I do 90 dmg to a skulk and then go crazy trying to get the last shot. Instead what I should do is kill the second skulk and then kill the 1st when it comes back. Stuff like that.

So yes, I count every blood spatter, but not precisely. I'm pretty naturally good at doing that with anything though, getting a quick close to accurate estimate of something without thinking or counting. I also use crosshairs that don't change color when they hit.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167888051

Everything that isn't me trusting myself is a distraction as far as I'm concerned. I never used alien vision either because it was annoying and I trusted myself to check corners every single time. I use Huze's now though since it's an option :/
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Pretty epic. Glad I wasnt one of those lerks.