nsl_kodiak

MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
not much to say here... appearently some people really liked what I did with kodiak so I decided topost it here aswell

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=517634061
e0197699f9.jpg
116028a592.jpg
e7b56ccc37.jpg
8f10945f7d.jpg
99f6bdafa9.jpg
bedb07f1cf.jpg
b7307aa515.jpg

- greatly reduced the amount of trees on the map
- added some more rocks to deal with lign of sight issues
- changed server bank slightly
- disconnected central biosphere with server bank
- connected northern biosphere with server bank
- reduced lign of sight in tunnel B5
- removed server bank - northern biosphere - hydroponics vent

also after first patch:
- changed northern biosphere a bit
- closed the shutters in the southern biosphere - command windows (also added occlusion geo there for better performance)

Comments

• FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I would make the fact that Central Bio has been severed from Server Bank clearer on the minimap, probably by shortening how far the Server Bank corridor extends to the south a bit. Glancing at it on the minimap now, it still kinda looks like it might be attached.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Tried it once. And my first impressions is as follows:
    Upper rapids is now long corridors that are easy for marines. No cover or ambush spots for aliens.
    And many of the corridors and entrances feel way too small. Both the original and the ones you have added.
    Otherwise I like what have been done. Especially tunnel B5.