Moonpool Upgrade: Ability To Construct Seamoths

04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
I'd like to be able to construct additional pylons Seamoths from the Moonpool itself, rather than having to leave my base and swim up to the surface and use the mobile vehicle bay.

Could be it attaches the 4 little builder drones to the corners of the pool, or adds some fabricator lasers to the ceiling.

Would only be able to construct a Seamoth while the Moonpool was already empty, of course.

Could cost the same as a mobile vehicle bay, and would use 50 power to construct a new sub.

Comments

• GryphorimGryphorim South of the Reef Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207864Members
    I'll agree with this, it's frustrating (mildly) to have to break out the mobile constructor any time a seamoth is lost (I'm clumsy, okay....). It'd make sense if seamoths (or exosuits) could be built in the very room designed to accomodate them.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    Well, considering how the constructor technology works couldn't it operate in reverse too? This would allow players to "store" multiple vehicles and then simply construct them when they want to use them again. Especially considering that craft will become more modular, players can build separate vehicles for different mission purposes and then be able to store them without building multiple moon pools.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    Well, considering how the constructor technology works couldn't it operate in reverse too? This would allow players to "store" multiple vehicles and then simply construct them when they want to use them again. Especially considering that craft will become more modular, players can build separate vehicles for different mission purposes and then be able to store them without building multiple moon pools.

Ya the constructors are 3D printers that work in both assembly and disassembly, and considering that it's safe to say the moonpool would be able to deconstruct store the material and when you need your seamoth it would just construct it again.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I actually like that idea.
    Once you construct a Seamoth, you can "Save" it to the Moonpool which would break it down into the base parts for later reassembly.

Then you could feasibly use one Moonpool for ALL your Seamoths.
  • TotallyLemonTotallyLemon Atlanta Georgia Join Date: 2015-05-22 Member: 204764Members
    I actually like that idea.
    Once you construct a Seamoth, you can "Save" it to the Moonpool which would break it down into the base parts for later reassembly.

Then you could feasibly use one Moonpool for ALL your Seamoths.

Exactly, the only reason to have two Moonpools would be to charge two different craft simultaneously.