Custom hitsounds, HOW?

Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
Gibs once made a ton of custom hitsounds, at some point they used to work, I can't seem to make any of them work anymore. I only found this out after attempting to make my own custom hitsound.

Does this require NS2+ or Vanilla only? Either way it doesn't seem to work.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    I don't know what might have changed. But all you need to do to change the vanilla hit-sound is to replace the hitsounds_client files in sound/ .
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    I think I've managed to solve it, trial and error is my best friend.
    After getting around tons of runtime errors with building the sound files >.<

edit: Well now steam workshop is just making it unavailable :<