Jumper's

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
so today i where in the mountains caves and saw jumpers walking on walls there and i thought wouldn't it be nice to have jumpers walking on beaches? just like the cave crawler a both in water and on land creature most in water but ocasionly walk on land like evolution on earth how creature's inhabbited land jumpers might be a in development land creature? well i think it would be awsome with jumpers on beaches on land!
tell me what you think, is it a good idea? or just crap.9ix54oa5pnuq.jpg

Comments

• BaleBale France Join Date: 2015-09-05 Member: 207737Members
  • EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    I think having creatures capable of living on land and sea is a good idea; cave crawlers are such already. If Jumpers could also walk on land (and would, for some specific purpose) it would make an interesting research object, whenever that becomes relevant.

So as you @lussebull came up with the idea, here's a question for you: if they can walk on land, what purpose does it serve for the creature itself? Why would it do that?

Also Skyrays should hunt by making peeper-catching dives into the shallows.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Reefseeker wrote: »
    I think having creatures capable of living on land and sea is a good idea; cave crawlers are such already. If Jumpers could also walk on land (and would, for some specific purpose) it would make an interesting research object, whenever that becomes relevant.

So as you @lussebull came up with the idea, here's a question for you: if they can walk on land, what purpose does it serve for the creature itself? Why would it do that?

they could eat nutrient's that get's collected at the beaches also it would be a escape rout.
    on earth water creature's has jumped on land if they where chased by predetor's
    one of th main reasons life actully developed on land.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    if they can walk on land, what purpose does it serve for the creature itself? Why would it do that?

Here's a simple answer to a simple question: Amphibians.

Here on little old Earth, we have amphibians. One of their main properties is their ability to live in either land or water. Examples include frogs and toads and such. Other animals, like some reptiles (snakes, crocodiles, et cetera) have similar abilities.

My point is, if it helped animals on calm little Earth survive, why wouldn't it help animals survive in a freaky-as-all-hell place like the planet in Subnautica? I'd gladly climb on land to escape the Reaper or the Emperor. Why wouldn't a native species have evolved to do so?

And about that part, yes. Let there be alien pelicans. I want to see them.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Felt like having a couple of Jumpers in one of my aquariums. Spawned two inside the base, but was unable to collect them and put them in the aquarium.

Currently have two Jumpers bopping around on the ceiling in the Rec Room. Looks like a tedious deconstruction job is in order. *sigh*

Good thing I didn't decide to spawn in a pair of Bleeders, or life could become very interesting in that base.
  • njs7t3njs7t3 Austria Join Date: 2015-09-21 Member: 208070Members
    Why deconstruct? Sounds like they add character to the place. And Bleeders in a tank sounds awesome.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    njs7t3 wrote: »
    Why deconstruct? Sounds like they add character to the place. And Bleeders in a tank sounds awesome.

Hmmm... Now that you mention it, they do brighten the place up a bit.

Jumpers: One of the very few creatures on this five-star, sun drenched Club Med of a Hell-hole that doesn't want to masticate, exsanguinate or defecate in my face.

Good selling point.

I think I'll name them 'Jekyll' and 'Hyde'.