Bass Worm

ITAShrekITAShrek Italy Join Date: 2015-09-16 Member: 207979Members
i was thinking about a big worm with a huge mouth, similar to the bass fish one, that remains under the sand for most of the time but sometimes comes out to catch a prey. it would be not dangerous for the player but it could be a good way to scare him a bit :) .
the worm i took inspiration from is the "Ottoia" which lived during the cambrian period

Comments

• MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    Why not dangerous to the player? Seems like an (easily) avoidable pitfall trap if you're careful.
  • ITAShrekITAShrek Italy Join Date: 2015-09-16 Member: 207979Members
    edited September 2015
    well, it's just a creature made to see something strange, but an aggressive species could be implemented together with the "friendly" one
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Marut wrote: »
    Why not dangerous to the player? Seems like an (easily) avoidable pitfall trap if you're careful.

Because we have enough shit wanting to kill us already.
    Adding more monsters that want to eat you just means more new threads asking for guns and weapons.

Make it something like this guy
    latest?cb=20090603030156

He lives in the sand, with his tongue sticking out to try to attract prey, then he jumps up out of the sand whenever anything touches it. It'll bite ya once but when it realizes you're not its regular prey it'll swim around for a bit and dive back into the sand.

Or it could close its huge mouth around you and wait for you to suffocate, but you have to slash its tongue and it'll spit you out.
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members

Adding more monsters that want to eat you just means more new threads asking for guns and weapons.

latest?cb=20090603030156

He lives in the sand, with his tongue sticking out to try to attract prey, then he jumps up out of the sand whenever anything touches it. It'll bite ya once but when it realizes you're not its regular prey it'll swim around for a bit and dive back into the sand.

Or it could close its huge mouth around you and wait for you to suffocate, but you have to slash its tongue and it'll spit you out.

This is pretty good. Might indeed be a better call.
    But I was thinking more like a bobbit worm. Those usually stick quite a bit out of the sand so it would be easy to spot them. That's what I meant with the easily avoidable pitfall.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

latest?cb=20090603030156

This is pretty good. Might indeed be a better call.
    But I was thinking more like a bobbit worm. Those usually stick quite a bit out of the sand so it would be easy to spot them. That's what I meant with the easily avoidable pitfall.

Well yeah you'd see their bright glowy tongue sticking out of the middle of a big pit