Seamoth repair and restocking

KelfaKelfa Join Date: 2015-05-30 Member: 205084Members
It feels a bit weird to me that the Seamoth cant be repaired inside the Cyclops docking bay, cant be restocked (with torpedoes and other things (storage modules)) and cant be restocked with torpedoes from inside the moonpool either. I mean we have these cool dedicated docking rooms and in case of the Cyclops we even can walk underneath the Seamoth as if inspecting it but cant restock or repair?
When i return from a dangerous voyage to my cyclops, seamoth nearly dead and my health tiny, i have to return to the open water and swim freely around even to pack things into storage bays maybe being harassed by predators? If i was in that situation in real life i would rather repair it in the dry dock. I understand that access to the storage modules is difficult inside the cyclps (not reachable), but it would make sense (to me) to be able to repair it there at least.

Another thing is the swapping out of Seamoth-modules. Right now each of them takes only 1 inventory place and we can swap them everywhere and instantaneous. We dont need to decide between them if we're going on a longer mission(given we have them available). I would like it better if they would either take up more inventory space (like torpedoes) so that carrying reserve modules has a greater downside to consider in form of less inventory space or that modules can only be installed when the seamoth is docked inside the Moonpool.

If there's some gameplay-balancing reason behind this, i could totally understand. If the devs already planned something i didnt say anything :p

What do you think? Are my thoughts reasonable?

Comments