Seamoth and Reapers

JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
I think the Seamoth could use a booster to accelerate and travel faster. So when its activated you travel twice as fast but lose power at 3 times the rate. It would make it much easier to get away from a Reaper when they spawn right by you.

Comments

• ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Well we will have the Torpedo upgrade, but I'll admit that a Speed Boost upgrade would be a big help. Combine it with the power efficiency module and the solar charging module and you can get a nice getaway with that
  • reaperLeviathenfoodreaperLeviathenfood florida Join Date: 2015-05-19 Member: 204681Members
    It would be nice for survival, but if they gave us anything where for 30% more battery usage we no longer had to fear reapers, then that would suck. Part of the thrill is like 'O balls, I may get eaten!' is a lot more exciting than 'o well here goes another battery, stupid reapers'
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I made a thread about that. One of the things that was suggested is that the "boost" is an upgrade, that allows you to place a battery on the Moth. When you boost, it uses up the battery, so you have to get out and reload to do it again.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    I think the Seamoth could use a booster to accelerate and travel faster. So when its activated you travel twice as fast but lose power at 3 times the rate. It would make it much easier to get away from a Reaper when they spawn right by you.

We are getting a "pulse" upgrade for the seamoth which generates an electric field all around you and stuns any lifeforms within its radius, including reapers.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    we are getting boom booms so u wont need to run just shot the bastard in its face
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    tarek wrote: »
    we are getting boom booms so u wont need to run just shot the bastard in its face

Except they're non-lethal boom booms. From what I've seen they'd probably just piss it off. Your best bet is to use the electrical defense.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Just catch it in a lightning net* then off you go about your merry scavenging business :D

*note, haven't used the lightning net yet, so I have no idea how effective it is against reapers nor how long it lasts ;)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    The point is we should get afraid and not be avible to escape evry situation so evryone has to be careful
  • stardestroyer12stardestroyer12 australia Join Date: 2015-03-10 Member: 201912Members
    i agree because the reason i love subnautica so much is the fact that you can die at any moment and it forces you to pay attention other wise your gona die and lose all of your stuff so i agree with lussebull on that The point is we should get afraid and not be avible to escape evry situation so evryone has to be careful.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    There's a difference between a challenge and a massacre. I say if we have a speed boost then we should be able to match a Reaper's speed, no more. The Torpedos may do something but I doubt it.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I always got warned of reapers ahead of time through underwater accoustics. And the only place you really need to go in the game right now is the Aurora. Fortunately the cyclops can manage to drive through the reaper zone into the hull breach area, where no reapers are found.

But I would agree on at least one vehicle to be able to travel faster, because it takes too much time traveling forth and back through the whole map to gather and group the resources. Late game you'd wish for a heli with a helipad or a speedy sub.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    I always got warned of reapers ahead of time through underwater accoustics. And the only place you really need to go in the game right now is the Aurora. Fortunately the cyclops can manage to drive through the reaper zone into the hull breach area, where no reapers are found.

But I would agree on at least one vehicle to be able to travel faster, because it takes too much time traveling forth and back through the whole map to gather and group the resources. Late game you'd wish for a heli with a helipad or a speedy sub.

If anything should travel faster it's the Cyclops, that thing moves way too slowly to be of any use
    Seamoth likewise is crazy fast
  • EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
    It's a nice idea.

I think it would be for people who could spare the batteries though, because it's a pain having to replace power cells so often.