Sea Base Statistics Panel/General Base Suggestions

NeskahNeskah United States of America Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204513Members
Hello. I'm not sure at all if this idea has been mentioned before, so sorry if it has, but I was screwing around with the new labels you're able to create and I came up with what I think is a pretty cool idea.
I'd love to have the ability to create a flat-screen TV-looking panel which provides information on the Cyclops or any Sea Base it's built in, provided it has the necessary power supply to support the system.

As I mentioned previously, I was screwing around with labels and this is what I made:
(Sadly, I can't figure out how to post the actual image, so this is the link to my screenshotted version.)
images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/429320160991358067/22F699A5B57137376600A88D026F826DB713F9E4/

So if added, this screen would display general statistics about the Cyclops or Base. It would detect threats such as radiation, possible leakage, power outages and more. Seeing as I made this little mural of labels on my wall in around a minute, not much thought went into it. It would be cool if there was some form of a suggested action, like "PATCH LEAKAGE IMMIDIATELY" or "QUARANTINE LEAKING AREAS", something like that.

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/429320160991357780/9AC24A388C25274766309305368C179464DFEFE3/

This panel would serve a different purpose. It would scan the area around whatever it was built into, and report found creatures. It would be nice if it started off periodically scanning 1 kilometer around its host, whether it's a Cyclops or Base every 5 in-game hours, but it would be upgrade-able. Perhaps upgrades for this would include a faster cooldown between its pre-programmed scans, the ability to manually scan if its cooldown time allows it, a larger radius or even a more specific scan. What I mean by this "more specific" scan is that you could make upgrades for all types of creatures, provided you have a sample of their DNA. So instead of simply printing: POTENTIAL FOOD: 23, it could print: POTENTIAL FOOD: 23, PEEPERS: 12, UNKNOWN POTENTIAL FOOD: 11. This would be nice because at first it could simply print: POTENTIAL THREATS: 12. These threats could range anywhere from a Gasopod to a Reaper Leviathan, so perhaps once missiles are implemented you could take samples of the Reaper's DNA and use it on your panel, allowing it to specifically show how many Reapers are in your area. Or even as an alternative: Maybe a new craftable syringe could be added, and when a creature is frozen by the Stasis Rifle you can extract a small amount of their blood for sampling. And maybe certain hostile creatures added in the future based around stealth could be invisible to the scanner unless their blood was sampled, hmm?

As I was writing this, I had another idea. It's a bit far fetched, but it might be cool. Maybe a special, tougher material could be added to make bases out of, and normal bases could be invaded by creatures. Now, by creatures I don't mean anything currently in the game. I mean something (And this might sound ridiculous) like a large-mouthed fish creature with deployable little land-legs that's looking for food (And this might only happen if there's actual food in your base, live, cooked or cured) could suck on the glass of a base made out of something other than this new, tougher material and with small, rotating teeth carve a hole, sounding the alarm and slowly flooding the base. This would take around a minute, giving the player time to react. It would then hop inside and run around, looking for food. It would sometimes stand around, sniffing and looking around. Eventually, if there's food in the base, it will run towards the container with the food and cut it the same way as it cut into the base, ruining the locker and stealing its contents. And if you get in its way, it wouldn't take a second thought about eating you in place of your food.

Earlier I mentioned something about a tougher, newer, more expensive material. This could be anything, but it would have to have downsides, otherwise all bases would end up being made out of it. Maybe something along the lines of not allowing it to have windows, or to be more tight on space. It would be cool if this new material could connect to old bases, provoking intelligent designs mixing the two. Perhaps your whole base is made of Titanium, and one of these little fish bastards jumps inside. Luckily you've thought ahead, and as the base starts flooding you retreat to a little lockdown shelter you've made. A small room made of this new material, with a bulkhead to match it. The fish takes what it wants and leaves. You then proceed to fix the rest of your base.

Now, if there was an obnoxious, base-attacking creature there would likely have to be some huge weakness to it. Something like a new weapon to combat mobs, or making the repulsion cannon splat it against the wall, killing it almost instantly. Again, far-fetched but hey, it might be cool if done correctly.

It would also be cool to have another type of monitor altogether which displays security camera feeds from cameras you've manually built around your base. It would be awesome to run from this fish thing into a safe place and watch it stumble around through your cameras, and maybe even have the ability to trigger manually-built traps for it, like walls that close around it and fill with poison gas or something.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant about ideas that will likely never be implemented into the game. And just a sidenote: I love this damn game.

Comments