Highlight Players in scoreboard when they switch teams

woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
Since there is no real non-restrictive solution to fight against the stackers i thought i could post my idea and maybe with some luck it gets realized.

The idea is simple: Those players who are moving after a Force Even vote to the enemy team should get highlighted in the scoreboard so other people can easily identify them. To not punish counter-stacker, it should only highlight the people that moves into the team with a higher average skill.

Other ideas are welcomed, as long as they do not force people into teams

Comments

• _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2015
    Someone switching teams after "Force Even" should not get any skillpoints when his team wins, but loose points if they loose.
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    Someone switching teams after "Force Even" should not get any skillpoints when his team wins, but loose points if they loose.

What in the world would that solve...? That would only deflate the skill points. That player would just be put on the best team over and over again because his skillpoints are lower than his actual skill.

Great way to increase your winrate.
  • MartigenMartigen Australia Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2714Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Reinforced - Onos
    Is that a suggestion or the way it is now? If it's the way it is now that's good, but as this isn't communicated anywhere it's not a deterrent. Most people don't care about hive score though, but do care how they're seen by others on the server.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    Martigen wrote: »
    Is that a suggestion or the way it is now? If it's the way it is now that's good, but as this isn't communicated anywhere it's not a deterrent. Most people don't care about hive score though, but do care how they're seen by others on the server.

Its a suggestion, probably a flawed one as @SantaClaws points out. But you would want to punish deliberate, repeated stackers somehow, right? Giving an ingame handicap would be funny or have friendlyfire off for said person >:) but that's unrealistic / also bad idea.
    You could also block switching teams entirely if a "Force Even" happens, but assign "Reroll" points for every 5 games or so one stayed in his assigned team. To account for those that feel like playing Marines / Aliens. (See League of Lame Aram). But that'd be an ordeal to implement.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited September 2015
    wooza wrote: »
    Since there is no real non-restrictive solution to fight against the stackers i thought i could post my idea and maybe with some luck it gets realized.

The idea is simple: Those players who are moving after a Force Even vote to the enemy team should get highlighted in the scoreboard so other people can easily identify them. To not punish counter-stacker, it should only highlight the people that moves into the team with a higher average skill.

Other ideas are welcomed, as long as they do not force people into teams
    You say it's an attempt to prevent stacking when it'll only give people an excuse to foul mouth & witch hunt those individuals. If that or to simply get them kicked is your goal, I don't support it.

Wouldn't change anything since Hive skill is worthless.