Heads Up Display (HUD) with proximity warnings in the Cyclops

1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
So the Cyclops is a very long sub, and I don't know about you, but when submerging down into the depths I always manage to hit the back end against things because I don't realise how far away the rock/cliff/edge is.
So what would be good, when driving your Cyclops, you have a HUD which displays some kind of warning when you're very close to hitting something and shows which part of your Cyclops is about to hit.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Protip: Don't just do "Yes" and "No" polls.
    Anyone that likes the idea will click "Agree" or "Awesome", anyone that doesn't will either tell you why, click "Disagree" or leave the thread.
  • 1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members
    Protip: Don't just do "Yes" and "No" polls.
    Anyone that likes the idea will click "Agree" or "Awesome", anyone that doesn't will either tell you why, click "Disagree" or leave the thread.

I know, I just find polls better for the visual side :smiley:
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    All it needs is a CCTV camera. However, if you add in a bunch of other stuff (currently the two stations on the sides of the command room are useless) such as sonar, then the Cyclops would become so much better.
  • DarkPrince7256DarkPrince7256 Dallas Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207699Members
    I want to start by saying a HUD would be an amazing idea but NOT for proximity warnings. I could understand displaying on-screen parts of the Cyclops that are already damaged but not "About to be" damaged. This is because I believe that learning how to pilot the sub correctly is part of what makes this game unique. You can't always make things too easy.
  • 1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members
    @DarkPrince7256 - Although I agree in some ways, I do also disagree. Yes it would make driving the sub easier, but at the end of the day a lot in the game is a form of simulation and sub, boats etc.. in the real world do have things like radar to detect things they are close to.
    But I do totally understand what you're saying that it would make it too easy, but sometimes although you drive it correctly, things do seem to appear out of nowhere.
  • AtriaaAtriaa Canada Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207675Members
    Not so much a HUD but better view port
    and can we have distance from; sub,seamoth, beacons etc on our HUD? I'd like that
  • TerraPuerTerraPuer texas Join Date: 2015-06-04 Member: 205244Members
    Some display with the ship in the center. Perhaps a subnautica version of a sonar?
    Just give the Cyclops sonar, a CCTV camera, and a few other scanners and stuff. Make the bridge into a full control center.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Here's an idea, Rearview mirrors
    Here's an idea, Rearview mirrors

And that would let you see what's ahead and below you how?