Heads Up Display (HUD) with proximity warnings in the Cyclops

1bellb1bellb York, UKMembers Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Posts: 20 Fully active user
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
So the Cyclops is a very long sub, and I don't know about you, but when submerging down into the depths I always manage to hit the back end against things because I don't realise how far away the rock/cliff/edge is.
So what would be good, when driving your Cyclops, you have a HUD which displays some kind of warning when you're very close to hitting something and shows which part of your Cyclops is about to hit.

Heads Up Display (HUD) with proximity warnings in the Cyclops 17 votes

Yes - I would like to see a HUD and proximity alerts in the Cyclops
88%
stardestroyer12Mr357NeskahTerraPuerChaosKnight626The_SharkSmashBrown1bellbSanctusLupusSum_Yung_GaiMaxporeDarkPrince7256j1r2000TysohalROBOCOPMAX 15 votes
No - I don't want this feature
11%
DchicoteAstropig_gamer 2 votes
Sum_Yung_Gai

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at youMembers Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Posts: 1,213 Advanced user
    Protip: Don't just do "Yes" and "No" polls.
    Anyone that likes the idea will click "Agree" or "Awesome", anyone that doesn't will either tell you why, click "Disagree" or leave the thread.
    TheF0CTOR
  • 1bellb1bellb York, UKMembers Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Posts: 20 Fully active user
    Protip: Don't just do "Yes" and "No" polls.
    Anyone that likes the idea will click "Agree" or "Awesome", anyone that doesn't will either tell you why, click "Disagree" or leave the thread.

I know, I just find polls better for the visual side :smiley:
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USAMembers Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Posts: 559 Advanced user
    All it needs is a CCTV camera. However, if you add in a bunch of other stuff (currently the two stations on the sides of the command room are useless) such as sonar, then the Cyclops would become so much better.
    No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
    What's your avalanche?
    1bellb
  • DarkPrince7256DarkPrince7256 DallasMembers Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207699Posts: 18 Fully active user
    I want to start by saying a HUD would be an amazing idea but NOT for proximity warnings. I could understand displaying on-screen parts of the Cyclops that are already damaged but not "About to be" damaged. This is because I believe that learning how to pilot the sub correctly is part of what makes this game unique. You can't always make things too easy.
  • 1bellb1bellb York, UKMembers Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Posts: 20 Fully active user
    @DarkPrince7256 - Although I agree in some ways, I do also disagree. Yes it would make driving the sub easier, but at the end of the day a lot in the game is a form of simulation and sub, boats etc.. in the real world do have things like radar to detect things they are close to.
    But I do totally understand what you're saying that it would make it too easy, but sometimes although you drive it correctly, things do seem to appear out of nowhere.
  • AtriaaAtriaa CanadaMembers Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207675Posts: 4
    Not so much a HUD but better view port
    and can we have distance from; sub,seamoth, beacons etc on our HUD? I'd like that
  • TerraPuerTerraPuer texasMembers Join Date: 2015-06-04 Member: 205244Posts: 10 Fully active user
    Some display with the ship in the center. Perhaps a subnautica version of a sonar?
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USAMembers Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Posts: 559 Advanced user
    Just give the Cyclops sonar, a CCTV camera, and a few other scanners and stuff. Make the bridge into a full control center.
    What's your avalanche?
    SanctusLupus
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 MinnesotaMembers Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Posts: 434 Advanced user
    Here's an idea, Rearview mirrors
    Here's an idea, Rearview mirrors

And that would let you see what's ahead and below you how?
    What's your avalanche?