usage 0x1 and shader problems since update

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
edited August 2015 in Modding
Since the latest update i've been constantly getting issues with textures to show up properly, either it gives me some sort of shader problem(sometimes works sometimes doesn't, it often gives me 0x1 usage, reinstalled etc)

I've tried mounting as a mod, or simply replacing existing files etc, nothing seems to work.

xy2vdx53.aob.png

I noticed a few other people getting the exact same issue since last patch and i can't seem to understand why? it never happened before the update, or it did happen but happened randomly. Like for instance just the other day i imported some models which worked fine, after a few restarts it started saying useage 0x1, I also have listed the correct shader in the .material files but it still doesn't like it sometimes, i cannot figure out why.

Also Samus, why dont you share all the assets? they seem pretty broken, some .max files missing tags missing animations, missing max files (when look in compile files it has a bunch of xyz.dae files that are non existant and even if you create faux ones it still spits out errors, even had a case where i had to manually add fucking 40+tags from the animation index.(Wonders why people refuse to mod the game for the most part when you're keeping most of the actual working assets that should have been included to yourself, no one wants to PM you, they want to publicly share this information, the best i can do is create attachments/links to existing models to create a false sense of animation and i tell you it's atrocious.

yes i am using 3dsmax2009 with included .dle in the NS2 folder, i've also tried with autocolleda and updated variants of colleda(with modified .dae) it's hit and miss. So i assume it has something to do with the latest updates?

Got a new phase-gate model working for NS2 everything is fine expect for included dependencies models which aren't included, i've used the mesh tool to create a new model but what's the point when the animations are screwed and there's no reference to them anywhere. (also if you're expecting a full NS1 convert you're not going to get one... i am surprised no one has brought this up in the past?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2015
    One reason 275 took so long was that while upgrading to VS2013 and setting up our own build system we discovered that spark handled files overall in a "risky" way .

That said tons of sanity checks were added to all of the file handlers to avoid that any of them screws up with corrupted or missing files.

Which is why you see now those error messages: They just inform you that something (probably your mod) is trying to load files which do not exist in the file system.

The very same happens now for all other file types(including shader files). Before 275 you had literally no way to know if a shader file actually compiled successfully or not.
    nizb0ag wrote: »
    Also Samus, why dont you share all the assets? they seem pretty broken, some .max files missing tags missing animations, missing max files (when look in compile files it has a bunch of xyz.dae files that are non existant and even if you create faux ones it still spits out errors, even had a case where i had to manually add fucking 40+tags from the animation index.

It is long known that the asset files shipped with ns2 are back from the beta days and were never updated at all. As the copyright for all asset files lies with UWE it's up to them to share the assets with the public.

Due to our contracts with UWE nobody of the CDT team is allowed to share those files with the public even if we have access to them.
    "nizb0ag wrote:
    yes i am using 3dsmax2009 with included .dle in the NS2 folder, i've also tried with autocolleda and updated variants of colleda(with modified .dae) it's hit and miss. So i assume it has something to do with the latest updates?

Not really, reports that the plugin was not fully working exist since the beta days. The new update is just the top of the iceberg. That's the very reason BeigeAlert started working on this: https://trello.com/c/H8qAZHAK/524-fully-functional-modelcompile-tool
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for answering the questions, just curious as to wonder if anyone has reached out to UWE since they do actively use these forums, idle on IRC(sometimes) and talk to some of you often enough.

Would that be in the CDT and NS2 communities best interests for the prolonging of the game? it was touting as "The most moddable game"(not by the CDT)

As what you explained with the filesystem/sanity checks, how come they sometimes load and sometimes don't, like i had my NS1 skulk working, but then all of a sudden alot of my mods started to break, it happens often when working with models only.