Lifts

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
When I go from my Observatory above sea level, down to my obligatory aqaurium, 400m below sea level, I'd like to do it in an elevator, rather than walking down endless ladders. While you are at it, I'd like them to have a personality, you know, like those Happy Vertical People Transporters designed by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Failing all that, how about ramps or stairs? I know they are not very space conscious, but we're getting ready for a big colony ship that is coming, so I want the place to look good. Colonisation should include a higher standard of vertical mobility than ladders...

If you do go for stairs, could you make them escalators? Too much walking/ladder climbing with those flippers on is never a good idea..

Maybe a vacuum tube, should be simple to program...

Anyway, the point is I want to reduce the time I spend walking up and down in my bases.

For an underwater game, my playthroughs are largely spent playing it as a walking simulator.. :P

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I think the connector system should be slightly modified and revamped:

The vertical connector could be made more like the horizontal tube, connect to the round room and be able to be used by turbolifts.

The horizontal tubes could not only have glas alternatives but also be floodable for fish to allow travelling from fish tanks to fish tanks.

The horizontal tubes could also hold a horizontal lift or shuttle system.

So in the end we'd have an universial tube system, that can be glassed, reinforeced, flooded and/or hold turbo cabins for travel.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    For an underwater game, my playthroughs are largely spent playing it as a walking simulator.. :P

That reminded me of something I feel needs to be said. Why are we able to swim faster than we can walk?