Game starts... with AFKs

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Is there anything to do about it? I mean whatever the vote, real AFKs or not, the thing happen all the time.
  • Someone check his mail.
  • Someone wander in the map trying to figure out what's going on.
  • BRB gotta pee.
  • etc.

It would be really nice to have a "ready button" for every one in the middle of the screen. So when the game has 2 commanders; instead of starting right away, the game checks the "ready people" and the "not ready ones" to decide if starting is ok.

Then the game has choices.
  • Remove an equal number of "not ready" ppl and move them back to the ready room (Depending on admin... kick).
  • Don't start and play an over-saturated music on those who are AFK/not ready.

I understand it can delay things (the actual beginning of a game), but i think it's better to start with good conditions instead of having 3 AFKs in the team. It's just wrong.

I think about the build menu bottom button graph and a new text on it. I understand that marine interface is kind of easier. But I may be wrong.

Comments

• _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    AFK's are an annoyance indeed, but its already taking too long to find commanders to finally start the game. With "Ready Check" this will prolong the wait even more (WoW anyone?)
    Maybe a "Kick all AFK" vote could be something?