crash on ns2_mineral

MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
edited August 2015 in Technical Support
everytime when I play on @MasterG 's ns2_mineral I will crash after some time (it's random how long it takes) with following error message

I did verify my gamefiles already and I deleted my workshop folder aswell

Comments

• MasterGMasterG gmfbst Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20169Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm this is weird indeed. I have no idea what could be going on here. Though I did have some trouble when first releasing the update when I added a bunch of custom materials for models. But it was because entire chunks of files were actually missing, which they shouldn't be in this case. I can run the map just fine on any server as far as I know.

Have anyone else reported this same thing happening?

Hope it can be resolved quickly.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2015
    See if the next time you crash if you can capture a dump file of that.
    Keep NS2 open, even in a frozen state, and run Techsupport.exe in your NS2 folder. (make a shortcut of this on your startbar for easier capturing)
    When the zip saves at the end of collecting the info, ensure there is a folder in the zip files called "Dump", this is what we need to see

Upload the whole techsupport.zip online somewhere and link it here
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    I think I have a fix already but can't tell for sure. I made a new shortcut from the ns2.exe since the one I always used uses the files for maptesting which seems to conflict with mineral